Selling 1958 Transtar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling 1958 Transtar

Can be found here. Figured you guys should know about it. Located near Spokane WA.
    Thanks

Actually seems quite over priced. Like by at least twice, maybe three times. Decent looking truck though.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Hmm, $56,500.00 for a no year Acura? Now THAT'S a good comparison to a '58 Transtar!
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Showing pricing for two different Acura models (ILX and MDX) makes no sense, unless the seller is just trying to deceive potential buyers.
        I sold my last two completed, show winning, restomod 1958-1959 Studebaker pickups in the price neighborhood asked for this project..
        Last edited by studegary; 07-21-2018, 04:22 PM. Reason: clarified
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Not a price on an Acura. It’s the nada or Hagerty price for a 1958 transtar.

Comment

That’s the nada transtar price. You think an Acura retailed new for 2k?

Comment

Well, even if I had the cash, that's NADA price I would pay, no matter what Hagerty says.Click image for larger version

Name:	emo3.gif
Views:	83
Size:	1,001 Bytes
ID:	1721465
              Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
              K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
              Ron Smith
              Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

@studeclunker I have posted the NADA and the Hagerty Price lists in my post. What other locations can I find fair prices on this vehicle? I really like the body style of the truck, however I need to sell so I have the money to restore the 1970 Mach one I picked up.

Comment

Originally posted by Jgorham View Post
                  Not a price on an Acura. It’s the nada or Hagerty price for a 1958 transtar.
                  Good point. I missed that, sorry. Of course those quoted prices are for a finished, on the road, pickup. You might look at completed eBay sales for prices achieved for 1957-1959 Studebaker pickups in the condition of yours.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

They have different stages of price. Mine is priced below fair which is a running truck with dents and flaws bad paint etc. this truck is complete one owner truck. I’m not in a need to sell, just would be nice to sell to finish my Mach one faster position. Thanks I’ll check eBay.

Comment

Another approach would be to list it on eBay with a low starting price and a reserve that you can live with and the market will tell you what the current price is for your pickup.

EDIT: Welcome to the SDC Forum. I see that you are a new poster and we are giving you something of a hard time.
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Sorry, I was referring to your NADA Picture scan of Pic 5 and 6 of 7, in which a unrealistic Price for LOW Retail is shown of $14,350.00 and $56,500.00 High Retail which is unlikely for most ANY Studebaker, much less an unrestored one.
                        That is why I thought it was for the Acura MDX it mentions.
                        I now see that as you say, the price new can't be for an Acura. The Hagerty price is a little closer to reality but still too high for a Truck needing everything.

StudeRich
                        Second Generation Stude Driver,
                        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Doesn’t need everything. It is a complete truck, meaning all the pieces are there, just not working. I expected a hard time being the new guy, but based of my pricing glosseries I think it’s priced good. I respect your opinions but there are less and less each year. its A solid truck with no real rust or major issues.

Comment

Appears to be a solid 3E12-122 4-speed truck. As the seller says, there aren't that many left. If it's rust-free, one could spend the asking price trying to salvage a rust-belt example.

Given sufficient notice, I'd be willing to go look at it.

IIRC, the '58s would have come with the 259", but can anyone confirm?

jack vines
                            PackardV8

Comment

I would try starting the engine, as that's a major factor when selling a vehicle. Does it turn over?

Comment

Working...
                              X