Original color of '63 Avanti??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original color of '63 Avanti??

Can anyone help me determine what was the original color of '63 Avanti serial number 63R 1660? Thanks in advance!
    Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
    '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
    '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
    '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Pull out the vanity drawer and look on the underside / Usually there's a sticker with the color name & #'s
    64 GT Hawk (K7)
    1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Great idea Bob, thank you, but unfortunately the sticker is GONE.
      '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)

Comment

You could go to Paintref.com/Studebaker and compare color pallets with your car's paint color. That will give you the name Studebaker used for that year and model.

Comment

My suspicion is that the car is not the original color (or paint job for that matter). I would like to know for certain. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by brngarage View Post
            Can anyone help me determine what was the original color of '63 Avanti serial number 63R 1660? Thanks in advance!
            Get the production order for the Avanti from the SNM.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

PROCESSING TAKES 4-6 WEEKS FROM DATE OF ORDERAdd this item to your cart for vehicles fromĀ 1960 TO 1966 Production orders are now available for 1936 - 1966 Studebaker cars and M-Series and newer trucks. 1936 - 1937 includes the President line only and Canadian Production is only available f
              Brad Johnson,
              SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I think Howard was hoping that someone for historical purposes had gone through the Avanti production orders and had the information at hand. In the past, my question about my 55 speedster was answered even to the point of delivery in Danube MN. I also got information that my car has the 8.0 heads that were an option. When I did finally get my production order, it was confirmed that my car did have the original engine. It is still in 10,000 pieces but slowing I have fewer piece missing.

Bob Miles

Comment

Bob is correct. Since the car isn't mine (it belongs to a friend) I would like to know, but I'm not ready to spend $40 to find out. CASO I guess .

Comment

Unless it had a first class, really high $ repaint there should be areas that didn't get painted. Look behind things and under things for a different paint.
                    Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
                    50 Champion 2 door*
                    53 Commander K Auto*
                    53 Commander K overdrive*
                    55 President Speedster
                    62 GT 4Speed*
                    63 Avanti R1*
                    64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Few of things are so well repainted that a close inspection won't turn up the original color. The many surfaces inside the trunk are often productive places to look.

Comment

Working...
                      X