M series and 2R series rosters are lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M series and 2R series rosters are lost

I wanted to add my M series to the sdc roster, but could not access it. Contacted the roster keeper and was told that the hosting company ( now defunct) had lost the data. he had no backups. I used the Internet wayback machine to check the links I was given and found the roster sites had been archived there but only once in 2017. the basic outline of the old html page existed but the data within the page was on other internal URLs and had not been archived.

The html page said there were 35 M series in the roster and 140 2R series.

Its sad that all this data was lost. I am hoping that someone may have once printed out a hard copy. If so Id be glad to start the rosters up again as the previous fellow has sold his studebakers and is no longer interested.

HP
    34 Dictator
    47 M5 Pickup
    48 Commander Convertible
    50 2R10 Pickup
    56 Packard Patrician
    63 Avanti

Herb Phillips: A lesser known product of the Studebaker Corporation.

When you get it up and running, I have a relative back home that has a 1950 2R5 you can add - just need to ask him the details.

Comment

Check over on Studebaker Truck Talk, I think it was Frank from Germany who had a 2R site. When I saw him on a trip here 2-3 years ago he was still maintaining it. Grand Drumheller had a list of 1945 C-9 trucks and fire trucks that had M's in it.

Comment

And, wonder why the highly touted "paperless" society has come to naught.

Comment

again, if anyone has a hard copy or download of the lost rosters please contact me. I'm not going to start from scratch, but will continue the rosters if they can be found.
          34 Dictator
          47 M5 Pickup
          48 Commander Convertible
          50 2R10 Pickup
          56 Packard Patrician
          63 Avanti

Herb Phillips: A lesser known product of the Studebaker Corporation.

Comment

Let us know, by 2R5 is listed there. Speaking of which, Olkystude, I think we've spoken before back around 02 or so. I remember your page/site.

Comment

Working...
            X