Stromberg Carburetor (pictures)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stromberg Carburetor (pictures)

I know I have been on this topic before and JDP has even sent me what should have cured my problems. However I have the same dilemma, I have an rebuilt Stomberg Carb (6-123) on my Lark that works great, but I dont have an air cleaner that will fit it. After a little research I have found out it came off an 259 V-8 1955-1964 truck. I don't mind that it came off a truck but I need to get an air cleaner to work on it regardless and right now I don't have anything that will work.

Photo 1. This carb (6-123) is what's on the Lark.

Photo 2. This a picture of the carb LStude sent me to show me what I'm supposed to have on the Lark. Note the difference in the ring around the air intake.

I would gladly trade someone even for a carb that will fit my air cleaner or if you have an air cleaner that I can attach to this one we can talk about price. It's just one more piece in the puzzle to get this Studebaker back on the road.

Randy_G
    1959 Lark Sedan
    This website is for sale! automotivehistoryonline.com is your first and best source for information about automotivehistoryonline. Here you will also find topics relating to issues of general interest. We hope you find what you are looking for!

Well, I can send you a truck air cleaner, but you'll need to cut a hole in the hood. I have a bunch of good used Lark carbs, but they'd all need a kit.

JDP/Maryland
    63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
    spent to date $54664,75
    64 R2 GT (Sid)
    spent to date $62,839.60
    63 Lark 2 door
    57 wagon
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

A 6-123 is actually correct for a '59 Lark. The carb in the lower photo is probably a 6-130. Notice the low-mount choke and PCV tube at rear of throttle body.
      Do you know the part number of your air cleaner? I'm thinking it's a dry unit, is that correct? I think you need an adapter that looks like a round tube with a long 1/4" stud attached, and a clamp to lock it to the air horn.

Dwain G.
      Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

You have the correct Carb. for a '59-'60 Lark 8, you just need the air cleaner with the clamp and screw fastener, both wet & dry types were used instead of the center wing nut and stud. S.I. sells an adapter to put a '64 flat flange air cleaner on your 6-123 Carb. Or if you put Leonards on there, keep in mind it is a low choke not a high choke like your intake manifold was designed for! Choke heater tube is wrong! Then you would need a '64 air cleaner.

StudeRich -Studebakers Northwest Ferndale, WA
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

For 59 Lark 2bbl carbs, adapter 1549361 was used. It adapts the '59-'60 air cleaner to that bevel-topped WW carb. That adapter's available from SASCO for about $21 bucks and shipping. 1551977 works with the '61 air cleaner. It's also available from SASCO for the same price.

Miscreant adrift in
          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

For 59 Lark 2bbl carbs, adapter 1549361 was used. It adapts the '59-'60 air cleaner to that bevel-topped WW carb.

Miscreant adrift in
            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            I ordered one of these today from SASCO, I hope this correct's my problem, I will be sending JDP's back to him and my other one I bought I may put on on e-bay. Thanks for all the help guys.

Randy_G
            1959 Lark Sedan
            This website is for sale! automotivehistoryonline.com is your first and best source for information about automotivehistoryonline. Here you will also find topics relating to issues of general interest. We hope you find what you are looking for!

Comment

Working...
            X