Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 57 Golden Hawk Oil Pan Color?

57 Golden Hawk Oil Pan Color?

Got mine out and going to replace all gaskets. Can anybody tell me what color the pan is supposed to be? Mine is pure rust color. I want to paint it back to original.
    Thanks in advance!

Note:
    Any tips on gasket replacement would be appreciated. Got mine from Stephen Allen.

Oil pan would match the block color.

Have always heard that you can "tape" the large cork end pieces to something that is the same shape they should be and they will stay in that shape when it comes time to go in.

Still wonder why someone has not come up with a neoprene gasket set for the oil pan...

Comment

Save a piece of the Old Cork Pan side Gasket if it is savable, an Inch is more than enough to make the 2 tiny little 1/2 Inch X 1/4 Inch corks that go in the recess on the sides of the Rear Main Bearing Cap.

If you buy the Rear Main Seal, some come with these.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I believe that '57's were aluminum . Rustoleum makes an engine paint that is the correct, or real close, to it. Valve covers were black. Think I'll try Rustoleum Epoxy paint on mine. Don't know if it'll hold up or not, but will be pretty for a while.

Comment

56 and 57 engines/pans/heads/intakes/water pump manifolds were turquoise. The silver engines were later years.
          RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
          4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
          5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

So it looks like Turquoise is the answer. Now I need to find the paint that is close to original.
            Thanks everybody for the help. I am having problems because I am anal when it comes to putting this thing back to original as possible.

Comment

The Studebaker vendors all have the correct paint color. If you go looking at hardware stores and home improvement stors, you will go crazy.

studebakervendors.com
              RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
              4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
              5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Nice 57 Engine.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	1721370 Click image for larger version

Name:	57 Gold_WhiteF.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	137.5 KB
ID:	1721371 < Turquoise GREEN
                Six Hundred Degree Engine Enamel.
                Last edited by StudeRich; 07-11-2018, 05:17 PM.
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                X