Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for Delco distributor with points access window for Stude V* and GT tachometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: Looking for Delco distributor with points access window for Stude V* and GT tachometer

I'm Looking for a Delco distributor with the points access window for a Stude V8 and a GT tachometer. Had one of those distributors on one of my cars 30 years ago, but I imagine by now they are a tough cookie to procure. Also I would like to find a tach as well. For some reason my 64 GT does not have that option, yet it has the Avanti powershift on the floor. The dash just looks off balance without the tach on the right!
    Thanks.

I don't think the tach will work with the window dist. unless you have it converted to electronic. -Jim

Comment

It is the EARLY ('55-'61) SW Tach with the Distributor drive under the Dist. Cap that will only work with the Early Delco non-window Dist.

A '62-'64 GT Hawk gets the Newer Type Tach. with a sending unit under the dash, and does not care what stock Stude. distributor you have, or with Points or Pertronix Electronic Ignition.

So the '60-'61 Lark Delco Window Dist. should work fine, if you can find a GT Hawk Tach. for sale.
      Last edited by StudeRich; 07-10-2018, 11:52 AM.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by jrlemke View Post
        I don't think the tach will work with the window dist. unless you have it converted to electronic. -Jim
        I have a Delco window distributor installed in my 63 GT and the tach still works. cheers jimmijim
        sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

I have a couple of spare tachs from a 62 GT. Let me know if interested.
          78 Avanti RQB 2792
          64 Avanti R1 R5408
          63 Avanti R1 R4551
          63 Avanti R1 R2281
          62 GT Hawk V15949
          56 GH 6032504
          56 GH 6032588
          55 Speedster 7160047
          55 Speedster 7165279

Comment

I have a window distributor that I was going to put on eBay soon. If you're interested send me a private message.

Comment

Working...
            X