Misguided restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misguided restoration

This pair-O'-Larks caught my eye (naturally). I cringed when I read this description of the first one:

"I have a running black-with-red-interior 4dr 6cyl auto. The tranny is getting weak but I will include 2 spares. This car has less than 20K on a fully rebuilt suspension and front end including the installation of HD springs, new upper and lower outer A-arm pins, rebushed bell crank pivot, new tie rods and rebuilt king pins. The brakes were ALL new drums and shoes. The rear suspension has HD springs and new bushings. The shocks were also new all around.

The body on this car is rough but the interior is quite nice. It was also new at the time I did the rest of the work. This car runs but the engine is weak and requires a rebuild."

How sad that he put that kind of money and effort into a rusty 4dr. 6 cyl. Lark This looks like a good news/bad news situation:

Good news: The fact that all that work is done might give the car a chance to be completed and saved

Bad news: Thie fact that all that work is done might make the seller's reserve MUCH higher than is realistic, and the car will sit and languish[V]

This seller was on eBay last year with these plus two wagons and all the parts as a package; now it's just the sedans.

Hope the cars can get into appreciative hands- too far away for me.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

Apparently, the cars are just a stones' throw from Calgary, Alberta.

"You Can't Have Everything--Where Would You Put It?" ---comedian Steven Wright

Comment

Apparently, the cars are just a stones' throw from Calgary, Alberta.

"You Can't Have Everything--Where Would You Put It?" ---comedian Steven Wright

Comment

I'm not challenging your opinion, but a lot of people that are in to Chevrolets might say "How sad to put that amount of money in a Studebaker". Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Comment

I'm not challenging your opinion, but a lot of people that are in to Chevrolets might say "How sad to put that amount of money in a Studebaker". Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Comment

The cars are in Devon, Alberta (where the present oil boom got it's start). Basically on the southwest edge of the Edmonton metropolitan area. It's close to 180 miles from Calgary. It's on the bypass route to avoid Edmonton for travelers to Northern Alberta, so I pass through there often. I'll go back and take a good look at the auction; might throw in a lowball bid. Look like parts cars to me, too.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

The cars are in Devon, Alberta (where the present oil boom got it's start). Basically on the southwest edge of the Edmonton metropolitan area. It's close to 180 miles from Calgary. It's on the bypass route to avoid Edmonton for travelers to Northern Alberta, so I pass through there often. I'll go back and take a good look at the auction; might throw in a lowball bid. Look like parts cars to me, too.

Comment

Working...
              X