Avanti 1001

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti 1001

I just got a notice from the LeMay Museum that they are celebrating Collector Car Appreciation Day and the Return of Avanti 1001. Does anyone know when 1001 will return and be available for viewing. I expected it might be part of the I.M.
    Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
    50 Champion 2 door*
    53 Commander K Auto*
    53 Commander K overdrive*
    55 President Speedster
    62 GT 4Speed*
    63 Avanti R1*
    64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

The 1001 Avanti IS there, since about a Month ago, and I would guess it is on display. I have not been there yet.
    There is a Video out there, probably on the ACM's Facebook Page showing James Bell and Rene from the ACM driving it!

Here is a Picture of it at the ACM (LeMay) the Day it was delivered:

As part of our celebration of National Collector Car Day and the long-awaited return of the Avanti #1001, we’ll discuss how to make the determination whether to either restore or […]
    Last edited by StudeRich; 07-05-2018, 04:10 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

A friend was just there last week and sent me three pictures of the 1001

Comment

Yup, it is there....saw it last week.
        Lou Van Anne
        62 Champ
        64 R2 GT Hawk
        79 Avanti II

Comment

Looks great! Was this the car with the circus paint job? Looking forward to seeing it in person..
          sigpic1957 Goldenhawk

Keeping the passion alive

Comment

Thanks for reminding me Craig, (I THINK!) that was a miserable Rainy Day that my Sons: Mike & Dave, and James Bell and I picked up the Avanti from the Upholstery Shop and Dave hauled the Seats and Interior pieces in his E-350 Super Duty Box Van.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Upholstery Done3.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	1721284 Click image for larger version

Name:	Upholstery Done4.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	1721285
            StudeRich
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

It's at the museum now and will be shown during the SDC and AOAI meet at the end of August. There will also be a full story and photos about 1001 in the next issue of Avanti Magazine.
              Attached Files
              Lew Schucart
              Editor, Avanti Magazine

Comment

Car looks very nice, and thank you to all the volunteers! As someone who knows nothing about Avantis, . I'll be the first to ask the experts here. Why the worm gear clamps on the brake booster and fuel filter hoses, and where are the lower door seals? Oh, and should't the door lock assembly to door screws be flat head and not dome? Isn't this car # one, and being displayed in a museum???? I'll stop now.
                JS
                I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

I thought it had a red interior, but it's orange, like mine! The carpet at the bottom of the door is interesting, on R1092, it is straight, not slanted.
                  Ron Dame
                  '63 Champ

Comment

Originally posted by LarkTruck View Post
                    Car looks very nice, and thank you to all the volunteers! As someone who knows nothing about Avantis, . I'll be the first to ask the experts here. Why the worm gear clamps on the brake booster and fuel filter hoses, and where are the lower door seals? Oh, and should't the door lock assembly to door screws be flat head and not dome? Isn't this car # one, and being displayed in a museum???? I'll stop now.
                    JS
                    And the darn thing isn't the original paint job either. Maybe the windshield wipers are new also. Picky, picky.

Comment

Originally posted by LarkTruck View Post
                      JS
                      Maybe James wanted the Hose clamps to STAY there!
                      StudeRich
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I knew I would ruffle some feathers, but, this is Avanti number one, on display in what is being touted as "America's Car Museum". Going to be viewed by many. I was simply pointing out a few items that are not quite up to par. Authenticity standards obviously don't mean what they used to. Now I'll just sit back, comment no more, and read all the responses that will most likely bring this post to a lock down.
                        Adios Amigos!
                        I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

I've never owned an Avanti, but like to learn all the details about any car to keep it as original as possible.

Comment

Is it Me, or are the Tail Pipes just not fitting nice side to side. this is a pretty Car in this Color combo though,hopefully it's as nice as the pics appear.
                            Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Working...
                            X