PDA

View Full Version : Engine: motor mounts

dentbla
07-02-2018, 03:58 PM
I finally got my new to me '57 Silver Hawk, 289, auto trans, up on a lift. Besides several small fluid leaks, I noticed the rubber in the right rear motor/trans mount was shot, probably from the oil. Then I noticed that the left mount has a spacer at the bottom that the right did not. Photos attached, any advice appreciated...thanks in advance! Also, any idea where I can get these parts?

Studebakercenteroforegon
07-02-2018, 04:31 PM
These parts would be available from any established Studebaker parts supplier. Since you are in Illinois you could use Studebaker International in Greenfield, Indiana. The spacer on the left side only is correct for left hand drive cars. It provides a small offset to the right for additional clearance for the steering, etc. Note that there will be a pair of holes at the front motor mounts. For the same reason, use the pair that offsets the engine to the right.

StudeRich
07-03-2018, 02:47 AM
The Studebaker Vendors at: http://studebakervendors.com are your Friends! :)

One way to be sure to get the RIGHT parts the FIRST time, is buy the Studebaker Chassis Parts and Body Parts Catalogs (Book or CD version), learn the correct Model Numbers for your Car (in the front section), look up the parts for your Model and order by Part Number.

dentbla
07-03-2018, 02:34 PM
Thanks Oregon and Rich, books and parts are on order!