Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If this Lark brings over 18 K....my Avanti has to bring 40k!!!...and I know it can not!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If this Lark brings over 18 K....my Avanti has to bring 40k!!!...and I know it can not!

Wait and see if it sells for that. Asking prices and selling prices are two different things. An owner can ask anything they want, but selling depends on the market forces.
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
    Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Yeah but, your Car can't go TOPLESS!

The White on White sure is not the most popular Color for a CONVERTIBLE though.
      This IS a Really Nice '60 though, AND you can Air Condition the PLANET!

I think I would grabbing my spray gun and a Can of Blue or Red Paint!

THIS Avanti should be well worth the $32,500 asking, but WILL they get it?

Last edited by StudeRich; 06-30-2018, 02:50 PM.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

So far . . . zero bids.
        Ed Sallia
        Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

At a glance it appears to be a nice car with an incorrect battery.
          I do not understand why people do not take advantage of an auction by starting low and having a reserve that they can live with.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

That is a very cute good looking convertible. Why not $18K?

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
              Yeah but, your Car can't go TOPLESS!

The White on White sure is not the most popular Color for a CONVERTIBLE though.
              This IS a Really Nice '60 though, AND you can Air Condition the PLANET!

I think I would grabbing my spray gun and a Can of Blue or Red Paint!

THIS Avanti should be well worth the $32,500 asking, but WILL they get it?

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...14#post1116414
              We must be looking a different cars. The one I see in the Ebay link is, beige or light yellow with black interior a white top and white wall tires.

Before looking at the pictures I was going to comment on the "red or blue". I don't know about where you are, but here, white, black and grey are the only colors of cars on the road. As best I can tell they no longer make cars in actual colors any more, or at least they can't sell them in California. I can always easily find my cars in a parking lot, they're the ones in color. On vacation a couple weeks ago we rented a car, the guy pointed us to the lot and said "take the one you want", my kids both yelled "lets take the colored one", it was a no brainer, of the 80 or so cars we could readily see, there was one (1) blue car. It wasn't one of those dark blues that looks black from 30 feet away either. Everything else in the lot was black, white or grey.

Comment

Oh it's "White Sand" alright, (close to Ermine White) few "Whites' on cars are True "Refrigerator White" like a '64 Impala, well except GM of course.

They are mostly Silver Now, the #1 Color with White right behind, not that many Gray ones, but we are not talking about NEW Cars here, so not applicable.

Click image for larger version

Name:	White Sand Convert.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	1721225 Here is a MUCH Whiter repaint: > Click image for larger version

Name:	60 Conv White7.jpg
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	1721226

Click image for larger version

Name:	60 Conv White4.jpg
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	1721227

Do you have your PC Monitor set to: "32 Bit True Color"?
                A Notebook, Laptop, or Smartphone may not be capable of "True Color".
                Last edited by StudeRich; 06-30-2018, 09:19 PM.
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Why not 40k for my Avanti??.....two owner example and I have had her since 1967!!
                  Originally posted by 55s View Post
                  That is a very cute good looking convertible. Why not $18K?

Comment

But you may be failing to take into account the demographic target. An Avanti has a narrow market for buyers.
                    On the other hand... Larks have always had a wide market. Boys. Girls. Ladies. Gentlemen. Grandmas. Grandpas.
                    Avantis will only attract one part of that cross-section. Gentlemen. (old or young), but nevertheless, only one small portion of that market.
                    Granted, they are a desireable car which are now growing in attraction to broader markets, but still only a certain age man will consider an Avanti.
                    If our cars were valued at what we thought they were worth, the Gran Turismos should be at or near the top of the market. But, somehow, they are languishing right now. A nice looking, great driving GT car of the collector car era which you can buy for a steal compared to other makes of similar power, appointments and style. Go figure.
                    Larks are cute. And convertible Larks are super cute. Chicks dig em.
                    sals54

Comment

Ya notice there is no real description of the car?...........I mean for 18 K tell us about the car.........is there Bondo in the car, have the floors been replaced, was the trunk floor rotted......what about the front fenders..........these are things every Stude freak knows about....and yet the ad is mum.....well for 18K I doubt anyone but a fool would buy this blind with no additional info.

Comment

Paisan, you make some good points!! Got some extra "scarole" you can offer.....low "vig" of course;-)
                        Originally posted by sals54 View Post
                        But you may be failing to take into account the demographic target. An Avanti has a narrow market for buyers.
                        On the other hand... Larks have always had a wide market. Boys. Girls. Ladies. Gentlemen. Grandmas. Grandpas.
                        Avantis will only attract one part of that cross-section. Gentlemen. (old or young), but nevertheless, only one small portion of that market.
                        Granted, they are a desireable car which are now growing in attraction to broader markets, but still only a certain age man will consider an Avanti.
                        If our cars were valued at what we thought they were worth, the Gran Turismos should be at or near the top of the market. But, somehow, they are languishing right now. A nice looking, great driving GT car of the collector car era which you can buy for a steal compared to other makes of similar power, appointments and style. Go figure.
                        Larks are cute. And convertible Larks are super cute. Chicks dig em.

Comment

I'd buy a lark over an Avanti every time. I've tried to grow and appreciate the the looks of the Avanti ...but as of now still not a fan.

Comment

One can always ASK anything.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                              Oh it's "White Sand" alright, (close to Ermine White) few "Whites' on cars are True "Refrigerator White" like a '64 Impala, well except GM of course.

They are mostly Silver Now, the #1 Color with White right behind, not that many Gray ones, but we are not talking about NEW Cars here, so not applicable.
                              Yes, the colors of the two cars is quite different. However, the color of the top and tires is also quite different than the "White Sand". I think it looks far nicer than the white car with the black top.

My point about colored cars, was simply to state perhaps a white car is more marketable as it would appear that colored cars no longer sell.

silver car:

Grey car:

Very different colors.

Comment

Working...
                              X