PDA

View Full Version : Electrical: Wiring block

Stude Rookie
06-26-2018, 01:06 PM
I was fortunate enough to buy a wiring harrness from a forum member for my 54' HT. Thank you jts359, aka Ed Jones. But once again I come to the forum (with hat in hand) to ask about, and possibly locate, a part that is missing from my car. I have seen it on other cars but I don't know what it is called. It is located on top of the fan shroud and should have wires running to it. Unfortunately the PO didn't think I needed it so he removed it after he cut the wires I call it a junction block but I'm sure that is not correct. Would one of you fine folks please enlighten me and direct me to a source. I really think I need it. Thanks in advance,
Stude Rookie

StudeRich
06-26-2018, 01:15 PM
ALL available Studebaker Parts are at: http://studebakervendors.com and yes they are available, Part Number: 518186 Junction Block.

Stude Rookie
06-26-2018, 03:01 PM
Thanks StudeRich, I went to Studebaker International and their site could not find part number 518186. There seemed to be about 10,000 vendors listed ( maybe 50 or so ) and I don't think I want to contact all of them if the part number isn't correct. Would it be too much to ask if you would check it again? I know that appreciation doesn't quite fill the bill when you ask someone for assistance but that's all I can do right now.
Stude Rookie

az64stude
06-26-2018, 03:39 PM
519186 is the correct number

Stude Rookie
06-26-2018, 03:55 PM
Thank you sir. I'll give it a go.

StudeRich
06-26-2018, 04:01 PM
This is a bit like the Forum Member complaining about a poor Stude. Vendor Website that had NO Parts at all, either way I find it SO much better to actually TALK to the Seller, remember: "Telephones" and "Phone Calls"? :D

I have the REAL S.I. Catalog (the paper one, remember those?) as well as Studebaker Parts Catalogs, so rather than depending on some "Data Loader" person's understanding of Studebaker Parts, I prefer a live person, your opinion may vary. :) Oh, and Yes it IS correct. ;)

52-fan
06-26-2018, 04:58 PM
My 52 came to me with a Radio Shack junction block that, to my eye, just didn't look right. When I changed the radiator shroud, I Replaced the junction block with a correct one. Most people won't notice, but it just looks better.

jclary
06-26-2018, 05:58 PM
Wiring block, junction block, or terminal block, each term seems to convey the use. Many years ago, I sold truck loads to a manufacturer building power units for those giant windmill generating operations. Square D Corporation called them terminal blocks.

Stude Rookie
06-27-2018, 08:33 AM
This is a bit like the Forum Member complaining about a poor Stude. Vendor Website that had NO Parts at all, either way I find it SO much better to actually TALK to the Seller, remember: "Telephones" and "Phone Calls"? :D

I have the REAL S.I. Catalog (the paper one, remember those?) as well as Studebaker Parts Catalogs, so rather than depending on some "Data Loader" person's understanding of Studebaker Parts, I prefer a live person, your opinion may vary. :) Oh, and Yes it IS correct. ;)

Sorry to have troubled you sir.
Stude Rookie

studegary
06-27-2018, 07:32 PM
ALL available Studebaker Parts are at: http://studebakervendors.com and yes they are available, Part Number: 518186 Junction Block.

Page 223 of SI's catalog - P/N 519186.
I guess that this makes StudeRich and I even on "typos" recently :).