Late start this year - 60 Lark Conv.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late start this year - 60 Lark Conv.

She gave me more problems this year than any other. Bad distributor condenser wouldn't let her start. Top pump/motor failed. The Lark, not the wife. All fixed now, and we will try to have a good remainder of the season. This IS her car, after all:
    Attached Files

Glad you got your problems with the '60 sorted out. Have fun this summer! My '60 Lark Convertible which I owned in the early 1980s was also Jonquil Yellow with the tan interior, like yours. It is one of several cars that I wish I had never sold.

Comment

Cool beans, Kevin. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

We've been married 29 years in August. At the first meet I took her to, she saw a Jonquil Yellow '60 Convertible (It was an VIII, so not the same car). I spent the next dozen years or so showing her all kinds of Lark Convertibles. No sale to her on anything else I found. It had to be yellow, and it had to be "stubby".

When I found this car 15 years ago (before cell phone pictures), I called her and told her I had to move fast. Another guy was coming, but had already turned down the owners asking price. I had about fifteen minutes to look at it, and decide if I wanted to pay the full asking price. I had a serious deposit, knew the owner, and went to where the car was being stored. After a short test drive, and getting under it from bow to stern, I paid full price, and actually put the balance beyond the deposit on my credit card.

I quickly went into CYA mode financially, and sold two Mopars, a '67 Dodge Polara Convertible, and my prize '82 Cordoba out of my front yard. The '67 sold before I could get the sign in the windshield. The Cordoba took a little longer, and I do regret selling both at times. I had enough to pay off the credit card in 30 days.

But, if you are looking for a way to get the wife interested in Studebakers, a yellow '60 Lark Convertible might be the ticket. She does keep saying it would be the only collector car she would keep if something happened to me. 3 Speed OD, Flathead Six and all, I'm left to wonder if it's more attractive than me in old age.

Comment

Very nice looking Lark. Jonquil Yellow is my favorite Lark color. Don't get me wrong, I like our Colonial Red Lark, but Jonquil nudges it out as a favorite.
          Perry
          \'50 Business Champion
          \'50 Starlight Champion
          \'60 Lark Convertible,
          \'63 GT R1,
          \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

Working...
          X