parts dealer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parts dealer

Anybody ever deal with "donsoldcarstuff"? Looks like a lot of small parts for Stude. Most say obo, seems to like $99.00 and $11.00 prices. Will deal, got $33.00 item for $20.00 with no back-n-forth. 99% on e-bay and no shipping. Have your parts book handy, most parts listed with p/n. -Jim

These are parts from the collection of the late Don Gay in Low Point, Illinois. Being sold by a relative. Very easy to deal with.
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

I have bought several things from Ralph (Don's brother). We have exchanged emails and phone calls. Great guy who seems to be soldiering on as an honor to his deceased brother and for the benefit of Don's widow. While the prices for some of the "smalls" might be a bit of a stretch for some of us, when thinking of the enormity of the tasks, reasons, etc., I think he has a noble cause that deserves to be supported. Also, he will deal fairly with sincere offers.

Regardless of the huge stash of parts, I don't think anybody has, is, or will be getting rich off the enterprise.
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Ralph is a great guy. He wants to see these parts go to a good home. He is not necessarily know what a part is so he lists it for a value and figures the buyer will make him a fair offer. Some prices are higher then the buyer may think they are worth and some are lower than street value. Ralph also works hard to find parts for buyers that ask him for a particular item. He has taken starters/generators to a rebuilder for the buyer. Don and Ralph definitely come from the same mold as far as being very nice and likable. He will look for parts in Don's stash when asked.
        Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
        1961 Hawk 4-speed
        1967 Avanti
        1961 Lark 2 door
        1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Guys- a link is really helpful.
          Last edited by creegster; 06-24-2018, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Basically a bunch of stuff I don't have use Have a look for yourself. Probably some rare parts I surmise. He has many pages of parts. Took me a couple hours to get through it all. What an effort the guy expounds. Whew, cheers jimmijim
            Last edited by jimmijim8; 06-25-2018, 09:39 AM.
            sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

A trip to Don's shop was always a treat for us when traveling. You never knew what he'd be tinkering with or what story he would share that he'd just heard from somebody else. He was always more than fair on his prices.
              Mike Sal

Comment

Working...
              X