PDA

View Full Version : Alice Cooper's New Avanti in AARP Magazine

Commander Eddie
06-20-2018, 02:29 PM
About a year or two ago I started a thread here about an Avanti that was for sale at the classic car dealership here in Newberg Oregon, and how it was sold to Alice Cooper. Well, Alice and the car got a write up in the June/July issue of AARP The Magazine. You'll find it on page 64. The only by-line I can find is for the photographer, Matthew Salacuse.
Alice states that the '63 Avanti is one of the two cars he currently owns. Alice is now 70 years old. Sheesh! Has it really been that long?
Here is the article for those who do not get the magazine.

Chris Pile
06-20-2018, 02:42 PM
Years ago on his radio show he mentioned that he had a couple Avanti's. We talked about it here on the forum.

BobWaitz
06-20-2018, 02:59 PM
If only I were old enough to belong AARP. Wait a minute!

raprice
06-20-2018, 05:31 PM
Don't wish your life away. Age has a way of creeping up on us.
Rog

rockne10
06-20-2018, 06:50 PM
The only by-line I can find is for the photographer, Matthew Salacuse.
Well, the "by" would be Alice Cooper, as told to Katherine Turman.

Commander Eddie
06-20-2018, 07:51 PM
Well, the "by" would be Alice Cooper, as told to Katherine Turman.

Thank you, Brad. I realized that Alice was telling the story but it was not clear who wrote it for the publication.
I had looked at the Avanti when it was at the dealership and then came across it at my repair shop. They had been hired to make some repairs to it before it was shipped off to Arizona to it's new owner. The shop owner mentioned who the buyer was which was a pleasant surprise. This is a small town and there are no secrets.

8E45E
06-20-2018, 07:55 PM
Years ago on his radio show he mentioned that he had a couple Avanti's. We talked about it here on the forum.

Yes, we did: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/showthread.php?101207-Celebrity-owned-Studebakers&highlight=alice

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/showthread.php?98647-Studebaker-Avanti-previously-owned-by-Alice-Cooper

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/showthread.php?6475-Alice-Cooper-s-Favorite-Thing

Craig

lschuc
06-20-2018, 11:57 PM
Alice has several other Avantis through the years, this 1964 Avanti, and this 2003 Avanti convertible, now owned by an AOAI member in New Zealand.

rbruner
06-21-2018, 07:22 AM
My wife recalls that Alice performed a concert in her high school gym. Now that's going back a while!

Guido
06-21-2018, 09:42 PM
And school's out forever...

DieselJim
06-22-2018, 05:25 AM
Don't wish your life away. Age has a way of creeping up on us.
RogRemember when we were 14, couldn't wait to be 16 so we could drive. Then couldn't wait until we were 21 so we could buy a beer. What were we thinking.

HOXXOH
06-22-2018, 02:43 PM
Remember when we were 14, couldn't wait to be 16 so we could drive. Then couldn't wait until we were 21 so we could buy a beer. What were we thinking.

The last of those was when we couldn't wait to turn 70, since that's when you could cash in IRA's and 401K's without penalties and never need to have a colonoscopy again.

Xcalibur
06-22-2018, 06:31 PM
GOOD for AC!!! :cheers:

Hawklover
08-25-2018, 08:04 AM
Ed, YOU MAY WANT TO MOVE TO NYC IN A CITY OF EIGHT MILLION PLUS EVERYONE HAS A SECRET!
Thank you, Brad. I realized that Alice was telling the story but it was not clear who wrote it for the publication.
I had looked at the Avanti when it was at the dealership and then came across it at my repair shop. They had been hired to make some repairs to it before it was shipped off to Arizona to it's new owner. The shop owner mentioned who the buyer was which was a pleasant surprise. This is a small town and there are no secrets.

Hawklover
08-25-2018, 08:07 AM
Well not exactly true, that wonderful "hose" (Dave Thibeault term) is said to be needed to at least 75 plus, especially if polyps have been found.
The last of those was when we couldn't wait to turn 70, since that's when you could cash in IRA's and 401K's without penalties and never need to have a colonoscopy again.

Kato
08-25-2018, 08:14 PM
Remember when we were 14, couldn't wait to be 16 so we could drive. Then couldn't wait until we were 21 so we could buy a beer. What were we thinking.

Best quote I've heard about aging: "Life is like a roll of toilet paper, the closer you get to the end the faster it goes"

yoyoman
08-25-2018, 08:21 PM
Will he be at the Tacoma International Meet?

JRoberts
08-25-2018, 09:04 PM
If only I were old enough to belong AARP. Wait a minute!

I think you can join at 50.....

Hawklover
08-25-2018, 10:49 PM
Thibeault is ubiquitous!!
Will he be at the Tacoma International Meet?

StudeRich
08-26-2018, 01:18 AM
Thibeault is ubiquitous!!

I am pretty sure he is talking about Alice Cooper, Dave T would not be a surprise!

Hawklover
08-26-2018, 09:04 AM
LOL........yes Rich you are so correct!!!!
I am pretty sure he is talking about Alice Cooper, Dave T would not be a surprise!

HOXXOH
08-29-2018, 12:05 AM

I don't know if the Arizona buyer lives in my neighborhood, but a pristine appearing Avanti come down my street on a trailer this afternoon. I only got a glance as it came by, so no opportunity to confirm or deny anything other than it was the same color as the one in the article.