PDA

View Full Version : Engine: Brought the Beast Back to Life

StarDiero75
06-20-2018, 03:40 AM
Howdy guys,

(Its been like 16 years before its run this long and gotten all warmed up)

Been working on the Lark recently and got it going again! She needed a new water pump since the last one blew out in 5 mins. This one sounds like i need to run water pump lube in it (the bearing noise).

The hard start and weird runnjng at first b/c as due to the choke not being set right before i tried to start it (i dont have a cable but plan to put the correct Carter AS on, but someone adjusted the linkage so ill screw with that later when i put the Carter on). Apparently it moved after hitting the gas a few times.

It sounds like a beast from the tail pipe. I clipped the video and showed it to a few people and they all think its a V8. Ive heard Ford 289 and Chevy 350. I havent told them what it actually is yet. They're gonna be shocked haha. (Also my muffler is shot so that probably helps it sound beefier.

Enjoy,
Ryan

https://youtu.be/zI4Av7i32Ps

doofus
06-20-2018, 06:36 AM
Hey Ryan Great job!!! i bow to the master LOL. cool wheels, now drive the beast! Luck Doofus

StarDiero75
06-20-2018, 09:43 AM
Hey Ryan Great job!!! i bow to the master LOL. cool wheels, now drive the beast! Luck Doofus

Thanks man! I wish i could drive it. Still needs clutch and brakes bare minimum