Some video footage from the 2018 European Studebaker meet - Kungälv Sweden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some video footage from the 2018 European Studebaker meet - Kungälv Sweden

Here is a 6 minute video from the European Studebaker meet hosted by the Swedish Studebaker club. A really nice meet with some 50 Studebakers from various countries across Europe. Sorry about the quality - somehow Youtube seems to compress the HD quality more than in the past. My 1964 Daytona Wagonaire behaved well all the 1200 km's throughout the trip even tolerating the pretty bad rushour jams in the Gothenburg friday afternoon traffic without overheating. Sorry that I did not edit the footage ( messy end). The background noise is from the seagulls and my SLR shutter ;-).

Pekka
    Last edited by PekkaP; 06-13-2018, 10:10 PM.
    sigpic

1960 Lark VIII Regal convertible - 1964 Daytona Wagonaire

No need at all for you to apologize about anything in that video Pekka, it is very nice ! You folks have some great looking and sounding cars, thanks for the video !

Comment

I saw a Sky Hawk like mine, except for the color scheme. I've heard that many cars go to Scandanavia.
      peter lee

Comment

Great video. Thanks.
        Jerry Forrester
        Forrester's Chrome
        Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

That was the perfect way to start my day. Thanks, Pekka!
          Ed Sallia
          Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Great stuff, Pekka! How many countries were represented at this meet?
            The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pile View Post
              Great stuff, Pekka! How many countries were represented at this meet?
              Thanks for all the positive comments. I think there were some 12-13 different nationalities represented. Long distance awards would go to Canada even though Australia was well represented by a well known Studebaker profile now residing in UK.
              sigpic

1960 Lark VIII Regal convertible - 1964 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Very nice! Thanks for sharing!
                Dean Seavers
                Sacramento, CA

Comment

Next year the European meet will be in The Netherlands , my birthplace.
                  I will try to make that meet but at my age (81) is it maybe to much.
                  My oldest sister (92)lives in Germany and I would visit her and many Studebaker friends.
                  Thanks for posting that video. Studebakers are alive and well in Europe.
                  Can anyone help a member from Italy with a starter for a 1928 Erskine?
                  PM me for contact info.
                  Robert Kapteyn
                  studebaker@mac.com
                  815 212 2389 Text

Comment

Thanks for posting this video. Very entertaining collection of beautiful Studebakers.

Comment

I really enjoyed seeing the nice variety of Studebaker body styles. Thanks for posting the video. I was impressed the the number of Studes that participated.
                      Rog
                      '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                      Smithtown,NY
                      Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Thanks for posting, Pekka. I just shared the link with our entire chapter (I hope that's OK).
                        Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
                        '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
                        '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
                        '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

Working...
                        X