PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Motors Studebaker

Silverplate
06-10-2018, 10:10 PM
Here is neat item for someone. An NOS dealer label from Johnny Motors Studebaker in Gardner, MA. It's not mine, thought it was cool find...Mike

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/johnnys-motors-studebaker-dealer-sticker.1109900/

studegary
06-10-2018, 10:14 PM
If your name is John, you could cut off the address part and make it like your own personal dealership for your Lark/Hawk/Avanti.

56GH
06-10-2018, 10:27 PM
Walking by Johnny's dealership on the way to school in the '50's is what got me interested in Studebakers in the first place. I clearly remember the introduction of the 1950 bullet nose! For many years John kept parts and cars stashed away in barns, garages and basements. I know, I toured them and bought some parts too. Many of us "old timers" in Ocean Bay Chapter SDC knew him.

Studebaker Wheel
06-10-2018, 11:28 PM
Knew him well and had visited not only his dealership but also his big Victorian home with a fantastic carriage hose (that had Studebaker literature in the attic). He started business in the fall of 1936 and his first sale was a '37 Dictator. His last name was Kraskouskas so that's why he chose Johnnys as a name for the dealership! He lived to be 102 if I recall. I visited with him and his son when he was 100. Have a nice b-w 8X10 photo of his dealership.