PDA

View Full Version : Why I detest any car dealer, the "blather" is just so obnoxious:-(

Hawklover
06-09-2018, 10:20 PM
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Studebaker-R1-Coupe/273268800607?hash=item3fa016fc5f:g:BZQAAOSwvDpbGXIR&vxp=mtr

See how many items you can find that were NOT AS BUILT when new.

studegary
06-09-2018, 11:11 PM
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Studebaker-R1-Coupe/273268800607?hash=item3fa016fc5f:g:BZQAAOSwvDpbGXIR&vxp=mtr

See how many items you can find that were NOT AS BUILT when new.

I didn't look at the video. In the still pictures I noticed ten items. These were not serious enough (to me) to keep me from being a bidder on this Avanti (since outbid).

StudeRich
06-10-2018, 02:04 AM
Yeah it's a Terrible Car, too long and incorrect Tail Pipe Extensions, a Loose Driver's Upper Door Seal, an added Compass, added Pin stripes, a Black Roll Bar cover, Visors and overhead surround?, a Gray Power Steering Pump, Throttle Rod, Wiper Motor, a Ford Dual Master Cylinder with the lines to the fender, Wrong Wiper Blades, Black Wheels and a cheap aftermarket key Fob and chain! :ohmy: Terrible, I say, just terrible! :D

Apparently this Car was actually not ordered with Tinted Side Glass, but that would be correct.

Really! who Cares, that thing is flat beautiful, correctable to 400 Points in a Sat. Afternoon! :!:

Bob Bryant
06-10-2018, 08:38 AM
I am sure I knew that car while living in Naples. It is probably the same car that was discussed at length several years ago. The first owner was in the recreational boat business in Indiana. Craig probably could pull it up.

Silverplate
06-10-2018, 10:01 AM
Not a fan of the red pinstripes, and a few incorrect items, but a beautiful car otherwise.

BobPalma
06-10-2018, 12:17 PM
:mad: The bigger complaint / issue, IMHO, is the lack of undercarriage photos; GOOD undercarriage photos. Why do you need a photograph of each individual tire if they're all the same (you can say that in the text) and a gazillion detail photos of everything else but none whatsoever of the undercarriage? :confused: :o :cool: BP

GrumpyOne
06-10-2018, 01:17 PM
Yeah it's a Terrible Car, too long and incorrect Tail Pipe Extensions, a Loose Driver's Upper Door Seal, an added Compass, added Pin stripes, a Black Roll Bar cover, Visors and overhead surround?, a Gray Power Steering Pump, Throttle Rod, Wiper Motor, a Ford Dual Master Cylinder with the lines to the fender, Wrong Wiper Blades, Black Wheels and a cheap aftermarket key Fob and chain! :ohmy: Terrible, I say, just terrible! :D

Apparently this Car was actually not ordered with Tinted Side Glass, but that would be correct.

Really! who Cares, that thing is flat beautiful, correctable to 400 Points in a Sat. Afternoon! :!:

Bravo!

To many here are nitpickers and a few of the quoted “not original” items such as a dual M/C, wrong color P/S pump etc. simply are awful!

I have but one question as I always thought that all late model had the transistorized ignition thingie so am I right or wrong?

As if that make a big difference…

(shrug)

Hawklover
06-10-2018, 02:13 PM
The entire point of my post was the video, the BLATHER of the "seller".....you would think he is selling something painted my Michelangelo.....

Hawklover
06-10-2018, 02:15 PM
I think the TI was standard on R3 and R4 cars........extra cost on R1 and R2.
Bravo!

To many here are nitpickers and a few of the quoted “not original” items such as a dual M/C, wrong color P/S pump etc. simply are awful!

I have but one question as I always thought that all late model had the transistorized ignition thingie so am I right or wrong?

As if that make a big difference…

(shrug)

Hawklover
06-10-2018, 02:16 PM
Fender mounted mirrors are about as useful as breasts on a bull:-(

Big Smooth
06-10-2018, 03:45 PM
I watched the video. Blah blah blah but sure is sweet. My wife saw it and she asked if I was going to bid on it, but then she dld mention the Goldenhawk is prettier. I told her I probably won't fit and if we got it, her car would have to be parked outside...

Nevermind...

Hawklover
06-10-2018, 03:55 PM
Just finished watching the Mecum car auction........AMAZING cars, and it really boggles the mind knowing how much money certain people in this country possess.....
I watched the video. Blah blah blah but sure is sweet. My wife saw it and she asked if I was going to bid on it, but then she dld mention the Goldenhawk is prettier. I told her I probably won't fit and if we got it, her car would have to be parked outside...

Nevermind...

Big Smooth
06-10-2018, 04:14 PM
Like many of us, I like to check out the cars that are there and dream. I would need a warehouse to fit the cars I love with the same size warehouse of money.

Prices are crazy...

Hawklover
06-10-2018, 04:38 PM
A 1969 "Stang 429 Boss all original less than 1K miles, original tires paint, I mean the car was never used.......hammered down at almost 600K!!!!
Like many of us, I like to check out the cars that are there and dream. I would need a warehouse to fit the cars I love with the same size warehouse of money.

Prices are crazy...

Hawklover
06-10-2018, 04:39 PM
Jay Leno lives the American dream......his total collection was appraised at 100 million!

Prices are crazy...

studegary
06-10-2018, 07:24 PM
Jay Leno lives the American dream......his total collection was appraised at 100 million!

And besides the buildings to house them, he has a full time staff of mechanics and others to maintain them.

StudeRich
06-10-2018, 08:27 PM
Yeah in the video, his R3 Engine with TWIN Paxton's is a BIT over the top and a couple of other bloopers, but mostly correct, just TOO Much extraneous Talk! :rolleyes: