Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can't buy happiness...

Anybody seen these yet?

(I was just sent this image by a non-Studebaker friend, so I don't know where he got it. I'll try to find out.) BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

It can buy a Studebaker, and for us, there's little difference!
    Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

?????????? (I wanted to do two question marks but you can't respond with less than 10 characters)

Comment

Bob, is there supposed to be a link?
        Ed Sallia
        Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
          Anybody seen these yet?

(I was just sent this image by a non-Studebaker friend, so I don't know where he got it. I'll try to find out.) BP

Well no, because I don't see what I am supposed to see.

Bob Miles
          Different by Design
          Different by Delight!

Comment

Might be talking about these:

Comment

Originally posted by 62champ View Post
              Might be talking about these:

Thanks, Patrick. I hadn't seen one! BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Heck, I even paid too much for my last Studebaker just so I could be extra happy. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                  Anybody seen these yet?

In multiple Stude Groups on Facebook, yes.

I believe one of them even gave up a source...?
                  StudeDave '57
                  US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                  SDC Member since 1985

past President
                  Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                  San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                  San Diego Chapter SDC
                  North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Does anyone have a link to where you could get one
                    of those bumper stickers?

Comment

First of all, I don't subscribe to the orignal premise. I buy happiness all the time.
                      Everytime my grandkids come over, I get to see the joy on thier faces when I tell them, (always against their parents wishes) they can have ice cream before dinner. Or when I buy them presents when its not thier birthday.
                      "You're gonna spoil them." they say.
                      My only response: "So what? Its my job to spoil them. Its your job to try to undo what I do."
                      Buying their affections is what a good grandparent is supposed to do. And that makes me very happy.
                      But, yeah. I know thats not what you meant. I just had to add...
                      sals54

Comment

Originally posted by sals54 View Post
                        First of all, I don't subscribe to the orignal premise. I buy happiness all the time.
                        Everytime my grandkids come over, I get to see the joy on thier faces when I tell them, (always against their parents wishes) they can have ice cream before dinner. Or when I buy them presents when its not thier birthday.
                        "You're gonna spoil them." they say.
                        My only response: "So what? Its my job to spoil them. Its your job to try to undo what I do."
                        Buying their affections is what a good grandparent is supposed to do. And that makes me very happy.
                        But, yeah. I know thats not what you meant. I just had to add...
                        Absolutely, it's the grandparents job to feed 'em sugar and buy them toys to take home that run on batteries and make noise. It works, had them here today, ages 26, 23, 23 and 19 yrs. Had a great time as usual and they still seem to like gramps and grammy. Only thing different is I now can have an adult beverage with three of them, kinda makes one feel old-"er".
                        I'm a happy guy also.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                        X