Interesting place in Nunn Co...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting place in Nunn Co...

...with Studebakers and Spartan trailers! Anyone by any chance know who has the yard across from the Granary on US-85 in Nunn Co?

A couple of Hawks.

Is that a '55 President?

He also has several larks.

What got my attention though were all the Spartan Trailers! Some nice, very nice models out there!

Does anyone know whom this is?
    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

That -55 President sedan sure looks nice & worth get'n back on track!

Comment

Sure, Ron; that is the business location of Will and Lori Sander's Starlite Studebaker, the purveyor of NOS Studebaker Interior parts.

Will and Lori Sander (note: No "s" on the end of Sander) bought the soft trim and other interior parts from Ed Reynolds when Ed bought the SASCO Studebaker parts inventory from the late Dennis Lambert, to expand Studebaker International.

Will and Lori are also "into" collectible Airstream Travel Trailers, as you can see.

I visited their place just after the Cedar Rapids Iowa SDC International Meet circa 2009. Those pictures barely scratch the surface, and I understand it's even bigger and more impressive than when I was there. Nice people. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I was there last June for a visit. Will gave me a first hand tour.

Comment

There’s a nice green and white 55 Conestoga in there somewhere.

Comment

I have been trying to reach Will Sander and his telephone voice mail box has been full for a long time.
            He supplied an interior to a friend of mine and never send an invoice.
            He does not know how much he owes and where to send it.
            Will if your read this , please empty your voice mail box and call me.
            Robert Kapteyn
            815 212 2389

Comment

Ron where have you been? they have been talked about so many times here on the forum. every time I head east I stop and pick up items or just visit, every time I go I have someone with me that has never seen the place and are in auh of it. was there first of May on way to South Bend. just something every member should see. They are super people and real Studebaker people.
              Candbstudebakers
              Castro Valley,
              California

Comment

Ah, now the dots begin to connect. I don't recall seeing pics like this before. Aren't Will and Lori school teachers or something like that? If I recall that part correctly, then it will likely be another few weeks before they catch up with their mail-phone-box. Never picked up on the Airstream/Spartan connection.

By the by, thanks for helping out yet again!
                I knew you fellas would come thru!

Last edited by studeclunker; 06-05-2018, 02:21 PM.
                Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                Ron Smith
                Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...
                X