Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1956 Short Wheelbase President with Very Low Mileage

This looks like a good deal for someone who wants one of these --

Only 33,000 miles and $6,800 OBO according to the ad -- but not licensed since 1960 --

Not my cup of tea -- but a very nice looking car --
    Bill Jackameit
    1964 Challenger Wagonaire
    1964 Daytona Sedan
    Total of 10 Studebakers owned since 1961
    Bill Jackameit's Studebaker Page online since October 1995
    https://billstudepage.homestead.com/files/studpg.htm

sigpic

It looks like a very nice, original car. I don't know how strong the market will be for it. If it was a Y6 instead of a W6, I may be interested.

They put a battery in it (without a hold down), but they do not say if the engine runs. Who knows what the car needs after 58 years of storage - at least brakes and exhaust, but drivetrain would be a big question.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Wish I had the cash! This one is VERY much my cup-o-tea!
      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Oh...my....I'm positively swooning under this car. I'd probably slap a (removable) I LIKE IKE sticker on the bumper, and simply drive it around town. In fact, if I didn't already have my GT Hawk, I would be sorely tempted to get this President in office.
        Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

Wonder if this seller has seen it scroll around to 125?

Comment

I'm glad it's not closer to me or the temptation would overwhelm me & it would end up in my garage! I could imagine what heads would turn driving down route 66 in this !
            59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
            60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
            61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
            62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
            62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
            62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
            63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
            63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
            64 Zip Van
            66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
            66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

What's the deal with "RARE original 125 mph speedometer-the rest came w/115 speedo" ??

Honestly, I've never driven a Studebaker with the Cyclops speedo........how high do they go?
              Paul
              Winston-Salem, NC
              Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
              Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Originally posted by skyway View Post
                Wonder if this seller has seen it scroll around to 125?
                Nah, Gary; it's only a 2-bbl.

Now if it was a President Classic, it would have had a 4-bbl standard equipment. BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Is that seat upholstery correct for '56? Looks newer to me, but I am definitely no expert on '56 Studebaker upholstery!

Regardless, it's a very nice car!

Comment

Originally posted by Blue 15G View Post
                    Is that seat upholstery correct for '56? Looks newer to me, but I am definitely no expert on '56 Studebaker upholstery! Regardless, it's a very nice car!
                    It is newer upholstery but is certainly well-done, isn't it? BP
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Someone is going to get a real bargain. Of course, we really don't know what its mechanical condition is. The car looks really clean though.
                      Rog
                      '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                      Smithtown,NY
                      Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Originally posted by r1lark View Post
                        What's the deal with "RARE original 125 mph speedometer-the rest came w/115 speedo" ??

Honestly, I've never driven a Studebaker with the Cyclops speedo........how high do they go?
                        That’s news to me. Mine reads 125.
                        1956 Studebaker President Classic

Member of the Studebaker Drivers Club

Member of the Antique Automobile Club of America, Sugarloaf Mountain Region Historian

Mt. Airy, Maryland

http://instagram.com/theorphanpresident/

www.saturdaythe14th.wordpress.com (Blog)

Comment

Working...
                        X