What is the best way to sell parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best way to sell parts?

I have collected a fair amount of early 50s Studebaker Commander parts. fenders, hoods, deck lids, dashes, clocks, chrome, bullet noises, etc.

What is the best way to sell these parts? I know Ebay used to be the route but is there something better?

I want the parts to go to a good home and honestly I have no idea what this stuff is even worth.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Josh

You could try selling them on the Studebaker Parts Swap page.... http://www.studebakerswap.com/swap/swap.php

Allen
    1964 GT Hawk
    PSMCDR 2014
    Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
    PSMCDR 2013
    Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

Being in Indiana I am guessing you are close to a whole LOT of Studebaker Collectors, Parts Dealers, SDC Members etc.
      It would be good to contact the Local SDC Chapter there to find them.
      SOMEBODY must need this stuff, NEW (NOS) is always Good, if you have ANY of that.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

If you don't know the value, then ebay is your best bet. As noted, the Stude swap page will ensure that stuff goes to those that need them -- but you would need to know asking prices.
        Skip Lackie

Comment

Thank you all. I'm honestly just trying to clean up my garage.

Comment

If you are looking to get rid of stuff for free, you can post for free to Turning Wheels.

Comment

List some of the parts on here as others do. You might get some offers if you're not sure of the value.
              On another note, my wife is from Walkerton, actually Grovertown but a Walkerton address. I was born in South Bend and grew up in Mishawaka.
              Small world, huh?
              sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
              1950 Champion Convertible
              1950 Champion 4Dr
              1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
              1957 Thunderbird

Comment

Research research research.
                In 2 hours or less you can get general ideas of value on most all your parts.
                Think of it as a treasure hunt.
                Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Fair prices and honesty!-Jim

Comment

Originally posted by thunderations View Post
                    List some of the parts on here as others do. You might get some offers if you're not sure of the value.
                    On another note, my wife is from Walkerton, actually Grovertown but a Walkerton address. I was born in South Bend and grew up in Mishawaka.
                    Small world, huh?
                    Very small world. I grew up less than 5 miles from Grovertown.

Comment

If you're looking to clean up your garage you might be better off checking with some vendors to see if they would be interested in taking the lot for an agreed price. That way you get some money, your garage gets clean, and you know the parts will be universally available to the Studebaker public.
                      Brad Johnson,
                      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

You do not mention if the parts are NOS, used or a mixture of the two.
                        When I last moved, I sold my stock of Studebaker parts (NOS and good used, mostly C/K) to one vendor. Do not expect to get even ten cents on the dollar that way, but it is quick and easy.
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Just list them here!
                          Richard Quinn
                          Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

I know that Stephen Allen is looking to buy parts lots for his inventory. He is a real good guy and will treat you fairly. If you google his name the business info should come up. Good Luck, Bill.

Comment

PM sent.

Dean.

Comment

Working...
                              X