PDA

View Full Version : Clutch/Torque Converter: Clutch Pedal Vibration

StudeNewby
06-03-2018, 06:33 PM
I recently adjusted the clutch pedal play on my '64 Champ 8E7. Before adjustment, I had to push the pedal all the way to the floor to disengage. So I gave the under-dash adjustment a few twists, tightened it back up, and put the pin back in. The clutch play and friction point are now where it feels right, but there is an annoying vibration in rhythm with the throw-out bearing spinning. What did I do wrong, or what can be done be about it? :(

Thanks in advance!

StudeRich
06-03-2018, 06:42 PM
I would put the under dash Pedal adjustment back where it was, and adjust the correct "Adjustment Rod" under the Truck!

It sounds like there is not enough clearance between the spinning Pressure Plate and throughout Bearing, and it is spinning with the pressure plate. :(

tsenecal
06-03-2018, 07:21 PM
I agree with StudeRich. You must have the adjustment a little too tight, and the clutch release bearing is spinning on the pressure plate. You could try backing off the adjustment point that you used, or do as he suggested, and put it back where it started and adjust underneath. If you only gave it a few twists, and went too far, the underdash adjustment may be hard to get dialed in.

StudeNewby
06-03-2018, 08:20 PM
Ok guys, thanks. I'll do that this week.