Steel Brake Lines...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steel Brake Lines...

Do any of our vendors offer correct length brake lines for 44 rear ends and from the rear flex hose to the M/C for a '63 Cruiser etc?

I've done a search but have found zilch regarding brake lines...

Most of us replacing brake lines use the NAPA offering of various lengths of steel or Cupro, joining the sections with available unions. It works out fairly well.
    64 GT Hawk (K7)
    1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

And a double flaring tool is mighty handy !

Comment

On my vehicles I use lines purchased by the roll, then bend & flare myself. I highly recommend the double flaring tool sold by Eastwood. Although not cheap (around $200 if I remember correctly) it does the job quickly & right the first time.
        59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
        60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
        61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
        62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
        62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
        62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
        63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
        63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
        64 Zip Van
        66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
        66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Many auto supply stores will rent, for free, a double flaring tool. You pay a deposit equal to the price of the tool that is refunded when you return it. If you decide you like the tool and want to keep it, the deposit pays for it.
          sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
          1950 Champion Convertible
          1950 Champion 4Dr
          1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
          1957 Thunderbird

Comment

Try Inline tube.com and or Classictube.com, They both have patterns for Studebakers,

Jim
            "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
            their Memorials!

Comment

I just had inline tube do a stainless steel fuel line. It wasn't cheap but it was done well. Even still, there is some adjusting to fit. I made my own brake lines. I found some NOS lines at our vendors. The rest I made using the originals as patterns. Buy a roll of line and bend it yourself.

Nate

Comment

Working...
              X