PDA

View Full Version : Nice ‘63 Convertible F.S. On BAT

drrotor
06-02-2018, 07:40 AM
bringatrailer.com has a nice looking ‘63 Daytona Convertible for sale, 3 days remaining at this time— NO RESERVE. Currently only $2700. If you want one, this certainly warrants a look! It’s not mine, BTW

06-02-2018, 10:20 AM
bringatrailer.com has a nice looking ‘63 Daytona Convertible for sale, 3 days remaining at this time— NO RESERVE. Currently only $2700. If you want one, this certainly warrants a look! It’s not mine, BTW

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1963-studebaker-lark-daytona-convertible-v8/
Does indeed look pretty good

studegary
06-02-2018, 10:53 AM
It looks like a very nice car that I wouldn't mind owning. I am assuming that it is in California (didn't notice location in listing).

I did not take the time to look at all of the pictures.

Some things that I especially like, other than the condition of the body and interior, are no ps, no pdb and no front bumperettes.

Some things can be changed, like the wheelcovers and the spelling on the trunk.

It seems like it should bring an additional $10K.

EDIT: I notice the addition of a front steering dampener. I thought that these were only added to Hawks. Perhaps the weights in the front sheet metal have been removed.

Buzzard
06-02-2018, 10:56 AM
It certainly looks like with a little attention and detailing it is real nice convertible. I hope it goes to a good home(not mine as I don't need any more).
Bill

2R2
06-02-2018, 03:11 PM
It looks like a very nice car that I wouldn't mind owning. I am assuming that it is in California (didn't notice location in listing).

I did not take the time to look at all of the pictures.

Some things that I especially like, other than the condition of the body and interior, are no ps, no pdb and no front bumperettes.

Some things can be changed, like the wheelcovers and the spelling on the trunk.

It seems like it should bring an additional $10K.

EDIT: I notice the addition of a front steering dampener. I thought that these were only added to Hawks. Perhaps the weights in the front sheet metal have been removed.

Gary, it has power steering, you can see the pump in the engine pictures. I agree, it looks like a nice car, I would like to own...if only I had the money! car has '64 dash and a few other incorrect things, but fir a nice summer driver, it looks pretty good.

bumpkinvilledano
06-02-2018, 05:27 PM

From the BaT seller info (located on the right side, top of the listing)

BaT Essentials

Lot #10070
Seller: JWorster (https://bringatrailer.com/member/JWorster/)
Chassis: 63V1427
171 Miles Shown, TMU
259ci V8
3-Speed Automatic Transmission
Cream White over Red
4-Barrel Carburetor & Dual Exhaust
Recent Fluid Change
Private Party or Dealer: Private Party

StudeRich
06-02-2018, 05:31 PM
I like it! :!: The 1962 Lark Wheel Covers and '64 Dash are GREAT improvements.
I would prefer the Original Ermine White however, instead of that "Whiter White" repaint.

72936 It is the 427th. '63 V8 Studebaker built and the 132nd. '63V Convertible.

I noticed the 1958-1962 Stabilizer Bar BRACKETS also Warren, I think it was a Early-Mid '63 change.

Warren Webb
06-02-2018, 05:36 PM
I thought the 63's had the later sway bar bracket as this car has the earlier bracket that would allow the bar to move back & forth a bit. Perhaps this was due to it being a very early 63 production & the older brackets were being used up.

6hk71400
06-02-2018, 05:58 PM
Current Bid is $7600.00 The dream lasted for a little while until I clicked on the link and saw the current price. Still at the current price and nice driver car to put the top down and have fun.

Bob Miles
Different by Design
Different by Delight!

Skybolt
06-02-2018, 05:59 PM
Also note the front spring maybe shot. The fender lips on both sides have been pushed out from the front tires hitting in them in dipped turns, like turning into a driveway. Not a bad car overall, one could drive it as is but it looks,like it is at the point of many small things adding up.

studegary
06-02-2018, 07:17 PM
Also note the front spring maybe shot. The fender lips on both sides have been pushed out from the front tires hitting in them in dipped turns, like turning into a driveway. Not a bad car overall, one could drive it as is but it looks,like it is at the point of many small things adding up.

It may, at least partly, be due to the rear being "jacked up".

Stude Shoo-wop!
06-02-2018, 08:46 PM
This is a bit of a cobbled-together car from different Studebakers of different years. However, that won't stop me from admiring an example of what was essentially Studebaker's Hail Mary pass, courtesy of Sherwood Egbert and Brooks Stevens!

jimmijim8
06-02-2018, 09:42 PM
This is a bit of a cobbled -together car from different Studebakers of different years. However, that won't stop me from admiring an example of what was essentially Studebaker's Hail Mary pass, courtesy of Sherwood Egbert and Brooks Stevens! STDUBAKER is all I needed to see. Just kidding but seriously. Look at door alignment on drivers and passenger sides. Could have spent a bit of effort on the serial number plate. Why does it appear as though the brake pedal is bent? I'm done.. cheers jimmijim

R3studee
06-03-2018, 11:06 AM
Well at first glance, I was going to say "here they go again, playing concourse judge" but as soon as I opened up the pictures, I agree with you all and then some.

Nice car, probably rust free, but man there are a lot of little things, some pretty wierd ones too. The bent pedal is a first for me.

Overall, it will probably end up being a good deal for someone, as there is nothing more important on a convertible than lack of rust.

whitehawk759
06-03-2018, 03:50 PM
Bid is now at $8100, starting to look like a nice price for a nice car.