1958 Commander 2-door hardtop available in Washington/Oregon area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1958 Commander 2-door hardtop available in Washington/Oregon area

There's a 1958 Commander 2-door hardtop available. It's being advertised in the Portland OR Craigslist, but the only contact information is a Washington area code.

Mark L

Click image for larger version

Name:	Well Pretected Hardtop.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	1720906 Looks pretty well "protected" under all that Mud and Cow stuff?

Name:	Well Protected Hardtop2.jpg
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	1720907 Amazing what a little water and soap will do!
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

This camera angle makes it look like he's working on a half scale car.

Name:	Studebaker Camera Angle.jpg
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	1720908

Comment

Yes, it sure looks a lot better cleaned up. With a little elbow grease and lots of $$$, it could be a very nice ride. At first I thought, why would anybody just put this away and let it deteriorate to this condition, but at least is was put away and saved, instead of being hauled to the crusher.
        Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

Originally posted by tsenecal View Post
          Yes, it sure looks a lot better cleaned up. With a little elbow grease and lots of $$$, it could be a very nice ride. At first I thought, why would anybody just put this away and let it deteriorate to this condition, but at least is was put away and saved, instead of being hauled to the crusher.
          One has to look at the timing. It was left in a barn 29 years ago (1989) with over 100K miles on it and with body and interior damage. At that time, it was worth close to nothing. As you say, be glad that it was saved. Now, some people have some interest in these cars. Asking $3500 does not seem bad if one wanted one of these rare hardtops.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I actually looked at this car when it was previously for sale, and it indeed could have 29 years ago, although I hate to admit how time does fly by. Back then it was something like $6 or $700 or so, but at the time that wasn’t a bargain price. Please note the left rear corner damage - not clearly evident in the pictures. Far more than a “dent” as stated.
            I love ‘58 J Body hardtops, but I obviously didn’t buy this one.

Comment

Go for it guys. I won't be bidding it up against you.

jack vines
              PackardV8

Comment

Originally posted by Studebakercenteroforegon View Post
                I actually looked at this car when it was previously for sale, and it indeed could have 29 years ago, although I hate to admit how time does fly by. Back then it was something like $6 or $700 or so, but at the time that wasn’t a bargain price. Please note the left rear corner damage - not clearly evident in the pictures. Far more than a “dent” as stated.
                I love ‘58 J Body hardtops, but I obviously didn’t buy this one.
                Yes, there isn’t a photo of the car from the rear, other than a photo of trunk open. Also he is offering a rear clip if needed?
                sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
                Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
                "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

That Trunk is amazingly Rust Free!

Name:	Well Protected Hardtop4.jpg
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	1720940
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Haven’t heard that anyone is focusing in on buying this car. A rare and attractive Studebaker, in my opinion.
                    I will say if I was selling it I never would have shown those pictures of it covered in dirt.

Comment

Working...
                    X