Where can I find truck mirrors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I find truck mirrors?

I have seen a post about this in the past, but can't find it. Where is a good place to find a mirror similar to the one in the picture? I plan to drive my 52 and want a bit larger mirrors than stock, but not huge ones. I have seen some rectangular ones that look like they would work well, but I can't find them.
    Attached Files
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

SI has them, and some other vendors may carry them as well. I'll be switching to that original style on my Champ.
    Mike Davis
    1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

I did not realize the one in the picture was an original type. The old thread I can't find was talking about a mirror that was rectangular and the person swapped his round ones back on for judging. The idea was that he could see better when on the highway.
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

I'm away from home right now and can't reference my SI catalog, but I THINK the rectangular as shown in your pic is an original Studebaker style.
        Mike Davis
        1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

Certainly the Bracket and Arm are Original Studebaker, and the Head looks like a New S.I. sourced, OEM '57-'64? reproduction replacement from a Studebaker Vendor.

A '54 or '55 like that would have had a Round Mirror Head.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I have the arms with the small round mirrors. I am looking for a bigger mirror head for on the road use.
            Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
              I have the arms with the small round mirrors. I am looking for a bigger mirror head for on the road use.
              Part #'s 800365 & 800365X page 51 of the Studebaker International Catalog.
              JS
              I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Originally posted by LarkTruck View Post
                Part #'s 800365 & 800365X page 51 of the Studebaker International Catalog.
                JS
                Yep, found them page 41 in the on-line catalog. How do those work compared to the round ones?
                Last edited by 52-fan; 05-27-2018, 09:00 AM.
                Searcy, Arkansas
                1952 2R pickup

Comment

How do those work compared to the round ones?
                  Surface area is not much larger than the round ones, so difference is pretty minimal. Now and then I will see example of these rectagular ones that are mounted on my Champ. They work well and are not obnoxiously large.

Comment

Yep, found them page 41 in the on-line catalog. How do those work compared to the round ones?
                    They mount the same. I would imagine they only WORK as good as your brain and eyesight allow them too.
                    JS

Comment

Originally posted by 62champ View Post
                      Surface area is not much larger than the round ones, so difference is pretty minimal. Now and then I will see example of these rectagular ones that are mounted on my Champ. They work well and are not obnoxiously large.

I may go with something like that. I have gotten very accustomed to the mirrors on my later pickup. I see LMC has some 5x7 early 50s Chevy mirrors that might work.
                      Searcy, Arkansas
                      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Larger aftermarket truck mirrors for 60s trucks come up on ebay all the time -- various brands.
                        Skip Lackie

Comment

My first Champ pickup, a '64 T-6 was equipped with the rare west coast mirrors. I've never have seen them offered anywhere although the were one of the options that Studebaker offered and are shown in the truck body manuals...

Comment

Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post
                            Larger aftermarket truck mirrors for 60s trucks come up on ebay all the time -- various brands.
                            I just thought I might get some recommendations from those who have experience. eBay is so cluttered with junk now, I hardly ever look at it. Size and quality are also hard to judge from pictures.
                            Searcy, Arkansas
                            1952 2R pickup

Comment

Originally posted by GrumpyOne View Post
                              My first Champ pickup, a '64 T-6 was equipped with the rare west coast mirrors. I've never have seen them offered anywhere although the were one of the options that Studebaker offered and are shown in the truck body manuals...
                              Not to send this too far off topic, but I know a Lady in Joyzee who has a 64 Champ with the factory west coast mirrors. With any luck her Hubby who is a regular here might post a picture of it.
                              JS

Comment

Working...
                              X