PDA

View Full Version : Fuel System: Carter Strip Kit

Mike
05-26-2018, 11:32 AM
What instructions came with the Carter Strip Kits? Specifically, for 10-201, "For All AFB Models"?
Mike

junior
05-27-2018, 09:23 AM
It's been a looooong time since I purchased a strip kit, like around the end of the 70's. At that time there were no instructions, just an assortment of metering rods and jets. If you need instructions on how to change those items go to the edelbrock website and take a look at their carb instruction booklets for full info on how to access the rods and jets. They also provide tables to get you in the ballpark if you are setting up your carb from 'scratch' to get it running on an odd-ball combo. cheers, junior

Bud
05-27-2018, 03:23 PM
I don't remember any instructions coming with the strip kits when I bought them. If you are looking for specific numbers, I have an original Carter book which gives the specs for most AFB and AVS carburetors. I can scan the pages you need and email them to you, just let me know. Bud

Mike
05-28-2018, 06:21 AM
Thanks, Junior and Bud. I have a lot of material about AFB's. I just wondered what instructions, if any, came with the kit. All I got was the insert in the lid that lists parts contained. I did find some material on the net that that mentions the kits.
Mike