PDA

View Full Version : When Studebaker was Ruled by a Dictator! August 2018 Collectible Automobile

Studebaker Wheel
05-25-2018, 02:34 AM
When Studebaker was run by a Dictator!! Some may have an interest in an article I did on the 1927-37 Studebaker Dictators. It appears in the August 2018 issue of the magazine "Collectible Automobile" now on the news stands. It runs 14 pages approx. 5000 words with 37 photos. Really too much to try to cover all the model, body styles, engines etc. but did the best I could. Had to leave some things out. Did note two small errors made by the editor when captioning (I have nothing to do with that). Another when he changed a sentence in trying to improve the syntax and in so doing made an incorrect statement. A technical point but avoidable had I had a chance to proof it. The first two intro pages below.

Commander Eddie
05-25-2018, 08:38 AM
Thanks, Richard. I don't normally get a copy of Collectible Automobile but will grab this issue up.

AnAvanti4Bob
05-25-2018, 01:18 PM
Excellent article and I did note that you were the author before I started the read, so knew that I would be reading expert information. I was not disappointed. I did miss pics of the 1934-35 Land Cruiser..perhaps my favorite Studebaker.

Studebaker Wheel
05-25-2018, 06:26 PM
Excellent article and I did note that you were the author before I started the read, so knew that I would be reading expert information. I was not disappointed. I did miss pics of the 1934-35 Land Cruiser..perhaps my favorite Studebaker.

Photo choice up to the editor/publisher. They were provided but not chosen.

Cowtown Commander
06-01-2018, 08:30 PM
Very disappointed this evening as I went to Barnes and Noble to get the issue. Had a very difficult time finding the magazine but finally located it in the wrong section but it was the June issue. Guess we will have to wait a bit longer for the August issue to arrive.

Georger
07-28-2018, 12:17 PM
I just had a chance to buy and read. Great article, as usual a great Quinn production! Lots of fantastic information and photos.
George Rohrbach

Studebaker Wheel
07-28-2018, 01:04 PM
I just had a chance to buy and read. Great article, as usual a great Quinn production! Lots of fantastic information and photos.
George Rohrbach

Thanks George. In response to Bob's comment re the missing Land Cruiser image I am providing same below. I might also add that I did an extensive article for CA (December 2002) just on the 1934-35 Land Cruisers with numerous images of all the models Dictator, Commander and President. These back issues are often found on ebay at reasonable prices.

Hallabutt
07-28-2018, 02:13 PM
Thanks Dick, I need to get a copy. I admit when I read the post heading I wasn't sure if you were referring to company president AR Erskine, or the car. You have no doubt written your thoughts regarding Erskine's reign from 1915-33, will you pass on a source for your thoughts?-Bill

Studebaker Wheel
07-28-2018, 06:11 PM
Thanks Dick, I need to get a copy. I admit when I read the post heading I wasn't sure if you were referring to company president AR Erskine, or the car. You have no doubt written your thoughts regarding Erskine's reign from 1915-33, will you pass on a source for your thoughts?-Bill

Sorry Bill but I have never done anything comprehensive on Mr. Erskine. I do however have a lot of data on him.