Brand new powder coated rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand new powder coated rims

Thanks to Dave (T-Bow) Thibeault, I got five of these brand new rims for my Hawk. It's like Christmas in May!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8373.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	1757906

Won't need another set for another fifty seven years.
    sigpic
    1961 Flamingo Studebaker Hawk

Sweet. I put a set Dave's wheels on my 1963 Avanti and am VERY pleased!

Comment

Look about the same as the wheels I got from Summit !

Comment

Those look very much like "Studebaker" ("Budd") Wheels, except the Slot width!

I am sure the Hub Cap mounting hump size would be like NOTHING else, if they are made Special for Studebakers.

Do they FIT Stude. small Hub Caps?
        Looks like NO Wheel Cover anti-rotate Humps, OR MAYBE just one, centered on the valve stem.

Any idea of the inside dimension, Tire Bead mounting WIDTH?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0690.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	1720806 < A '62-63 or Early 1964 USA Budd (Studebaker) 4 1/2 " Wide Wheel.
        Last edited by StudeRich; 05-25-2018, 01:31 PM.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

What Lug Nuts did you use?
          Steve

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!

53 Commander Hardtop, A/T, P/S
          55 Commander Conestoga
          60 Lark Regal Convertible, A/T
          59 Lark 4 Door Parts Car
          62 Champ 7E7, A/T
          49 2R15 Stakebed

Comment

Do they FIT Stude. small Hub Caps? No Idea
            Looks like NO Wheel Cover anti-rotate Humps, OR MAYBE just one, centered on the valve stem. No wheel cover anti-rotate humps.

Any idea of the inside dimension, Tire Bead mounting WIDTH? No idea.

I was told by my Studebaker mechanic that Dave sold bolt on replacement rims that are made for radial tires, thats all I needed to know to make my purchase. When I called Dave he said that my 61 Hawk hub caps would fit perfectly on these.

I haven't installed them yet, so I can't comment on the lug nuts yet.
            sigpic

Comment

They look great, Ross! I'm on the lookout for wheels for my Champ that a) are designed for radial tires and disc brakes and b) will hold my Studebaker wheel covers. Maybe I should give Thibeault a call.
              Mike Davis
              1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

Originally posted by StudeNewby View Post
                They look great, Ross! I'm on the lookout for wheels for my Champ that a) are designed for radial tires and disc brakes and b) will hold my Studebaker wheel covers. Maybe I should give Thibeault a call.
                Truck Wheels are not 5 on 4 1/2 Inch bolt pattern like a Car.
                StudeRich
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by 53 Commander View Post
                  What Lug Nuts did you use?
                  You can tell by looking at those holes that 13/16" wrench size lug nuts should be used with those wheels. Commonly available; "no problem." BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thank you very much Bob!! I'll make sure I get those.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by StudeNewby View Post
                      Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                      Mike, it might still be worth giving Dave a call. He might be able to get you those wheels with the truck bolt pattern.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                        Right you are, Rich. I need 5 on 5. My biggest concern is finding wheels that will hold the original Studebaker wheel covers, and are designed for disc brakes since I will be converting the fronts to Turner discs. I may have to add the clips myself like r1lark did.
                        Mike Davis
                        1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

Originally posted by R_David View Post
                          Thanks to Dave (T-Bow) Thibeault, I got five of these brand new rims for my Hawk. It's like Christmas in May!
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]72671[/ATTACH]

Won't need another set for another fifty seven years.
                          Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but what tires did you use on these rims for your Hawk?

Thanks!
                          1964 Studebaker GT Hawk
                          1970 Jaguar E-Type 2+2
                          2003 Ferrari 575 Maranello (3 Pedal)
                          2007 Jaguar XK Convertible
                          2011 Jaguar XJL 5.0 SC

Comment

Yes, Dave T. had a great source for those powder coated wheels. I had ordered 3 sets for each car as they have steel belted radials.
                            Only problem is getting white wall tires that clean up white. I had returned 20 tires for 2 cars; spare too, as the white walls looked like badly stained teeth as they were brown and yellowish. I finally got a pair of Cooper Tires and after lots of scrubbing with Spray 9 and the Ajax sponge & warm water, they look white.

Comment

Originally posted by dsd View Post

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but what tires did you use on these rims for your Hawk?Thanks!
                              To answer your unanswered question, the Tires would depend on the Year of your Car and the White Wall Width that is correct or what Tire you happen to like.

Also the "Performance factor" of your Stude.? Do you have a 400+ HP Small or Big Block Chev. Stock 6 or 8 or what?

To properly FIT the Car, fenders, get proper ride height etc. most use P205X75R15, but can use: P215X70R15 or P215X75R15 Tires.

On a Hawk with the proper offset Wheels, the P215X75X15 fit Great with a bit more DIAMETER and rubber on the ground, but not excessive like a Streetrod.

Cooper makes a GREAT Narrow White Wall Radial Tire Correct for 1963 to 1966 Studes.
                              Last edited by StudeRich; 12-04-2019, 08:08 PM.
                              StudeRich
                              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                              X