Studebaker dealership on today's Old Motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker dealership on today's Old Motor

I find these Friday posts on the Old Motor. Today's is a bit different. Note the Studebaker dealership across the street from the Ford dealership and the odd colored '59 Ford.

An entertaining & informative vintage automobile internet magazine.
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Someone from the Studebaker dealer should have parked a brand new Lark RIGHT IN FRONT of that Ford dealer's showroom window just as someone parked the white Galaxie in front the S-P dealer's!!

Craig

Comment

The odd colored Ford matches the colors on the Ford Crest on the sign post. I wonder if it was some kind of special promotional model? I really don't remember???? Oh yeah, I was only four years old for pete's sake!
      JS
      I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

I do not remember any tri-color 1959 Fords. The car appears to be a 1959 1/2 Galaxie. To me, the other unusual part about the car is that it is a two door sedan and not a two door hardtop.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
          I do not remember any tri-color 1959 Fords. The car appears to be a 1959 1/2 Galaxie. To me, the other unusual part about the car is that it is a two door sedan and not a two door hardtop.
          I would like to see the Monroney sticker that's on the left rear window of that car, or the build sheet for it just to see if was actually special ordered that way. (I've never seen a tri-color '59 either.)

I also wonder if that dealer was in a small city handling Mercury and Lincoln besides Ford as there appears to be a brand new black Continental on the lot behind the Ford.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
            I would like to see the Monroney sticker that's on the left rear window of that car, or the build sheet for it just to see if was actually special ordered that way. (I've never seen a tri-color '59 either.)

I also wonder if that dealer was in a small city handling Mercury and Lincoln besides Ford as there appears to be a brand new black Continental on the lot behind the Ford.

Craig
            The photo caption does say that it is a Ford and Lincoln-Mercury dealership. I was thinking that was a Lincoln and not a Continental (perhaps you can see it better than I can). There is a 1958 Mercury across the street.

I think that the dealer took a two-tone and repainted the roof to get attention. I was wondering what the production number is for 1959 Galaxie two door sedans (I only remember hardtops, convertibles and flip-tops). In 1959, I worked for a guy that had a new 1959 retractable (all black).

EDIT: I think that the car started as an all-white car. The break line for the blue is at the bottom of the wide side trim and not mid-way.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
            X