Gas Filler Hose 526402 for 1950 Studebaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel System: Gas Filler Hose 526402 for 1950 Studebaker

Does anyone know if the gas filler hose sold by SI, and anyone else that may have one to sell, will stand up to ethanol?

This coupling hose was bad on both my last 1950 cars, but I don't know if it was age or the gas.

Probably age, as I have had to replace every one of mine. If you can get the kind with a slight kink halfway, they will go on MUCH easier.
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

If our suppliers have it, good deal. If not, just go to the FLAPS and tell them what you want.

Here's a sample from O'reillys https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b.../4329886?pos=6

It's somewhat flexible. I've used it on my last several builds. Not inexpensive but built to handle today's stuff.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by TWChamp View Post
        Does anyone know if the gas filler hose sold by SI, and anyone else that may have one to sell, will stand up to ethanol?
        Almost three decades on the hoses I got from SI for both my '51 and '53 and...so far so good!

Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
        If you can get the kind with a slight kink halfway, they will go on MUCH easier.
        That IS the Studebaker part #526402. That "slight kink" is necessary to prevent the hose from collapsing. Don't try to use any generic straight hose if it has no flexibility.
        Last edited by rockne10; 05-17-2018, 04:59 PM.
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

The thing that makes me made is I bought the correct hose at South Bend 2 weeks ago, and now it's nowhere to be found. If I buy another one from SI, it's $24 plus $8 shipping minimum. If I buy a fuel hose at my local auto store, it's $30 a foot, and they won't sell me half a foot. Two years ago a guy sold me half a foot for $15, but no more.

I found this Seadoo hose on ebay for $8.75 delivered to my door, and it's 13" x 2" ID, so I can cut it in half and have two good filler hoses with a correct slight bend in the middle. I should have it in a day or two, and will report back how it fits.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Gas Filler Hose Seadoo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	1720721

Comment

Originally posted by TWChamp View Post
            The thing that makes me made is I bought the correct hose at South Bend 2 weeks ago, and now it's nowhere to be found. If I buy another one from SI, it's $24 plus $8 shipping minimum. If I buy a fuel hose at my local auto store, it's $30 a foot, and they won't sell me half a foot. Two years ago a guy sold me half a foot for $15, but no more.

I found this Seadoo hose on ebay for $8.75 delivered to my door, and it's 13" x 2" ID, so I can cut it in half and have two good filler hoses with a correct slight bend in the middle. I should have it in a day or two, and will report back how it fits.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]72564[/ATTACH]
            But aren’t the fuel fill hoses 2-1/4” inner diameter?

Comment

Originally posted by Studebakercenteroforegon View Post
              But aren’t the fuel fill hoses 2-1/4” inner diameter?
              I'm not sure, but you might be right. I measured mine to be about 2 1/8", but the stores stock 2" and 2 1/4" hoses.
              I'm still hoping my original hose turns up.

Comment

Working...
              X