Halibrand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halibrand

I'm getting another Avanti in the shop soon ( that makes 9),that the owner wants to put back stock. It has original magnesium Halibrand wheels on it. Offering them here first. PM me. Also, I have a set of Campagnolo Pantera Magnesium wheels if anyone knows of a Pantera needing a set.
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Everyone is going to want them....but the trick is finding someone who will pony up the bucks.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

How much? RB.V4@att.net

Comment

[QUOTE=bezhawk;1109712]I'm getting another Avanti in the shop soon ( that makes 9),that the owner wants to put back stock. (/QUOTE]

Sure hope a certain Turquoise 64 is in the mix. Good seeing you in S.B. Brad, best of luck with projects!
        Jim
        I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

PM sent my friend

Comment

I don't have the car here yet....late next week. I'm still talking to the owner on price, and will answer as soon as I know.
            It was good to put faces to names @ South Bend this year. (hopefully you're still not making faces).
            Bez Auto Alchemy
            573-318-8948

Comment

Original magnesium Halibrand wheels are not stock for an Avanti?
              Are points deducted in judging?

Comment

Halibrands were an official option for Avantis (in 1964 I believe) and were a dealer installed option. As far as points being deducted it depends on how strict the judging is. Some might take issue if the car isn't how it left South Bend...some are ok with official Studebaker approved options even if they were installed at the dealer level or by the owner.
                Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

So, at this point you don't know for sure what kind of shape they are in with certainty?

Comment

What is the diameter, width and back space on the Pantera wheels?
                    Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

I'm not sure about the back space on the Campagnolo wheels, but they are 15" 7" wide front, and 10" wide rears. 5 X 4.5 bolt pattern same as Stude. I will have to measure the back spacing and report back.
                      Bez Auto Alchemy
                      573-318-8948

Comment

Originally posted by Xcalibur View Post
                        So, at this point you don't know for sure what kind of shape they are in with certainty?
                        I have only seen pics so far, still waiting on the car. So, to answer your question, I have not inspected them. Yet.
                        Bez Auto Alchemy
                        573-318-8948

Comment

Pardon my ignorance, but I am not familiar with Halibrand wheels. Could someone please explain them to me?
                          Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

They make the re-pop of the only wheel option for the '63 - '64 Avanti. Having them on my '63 I've been asked many times by other car guys as to where they can purchase the same wheels

Comment

Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
                              I'm not sure about the back space on the Campagnolo wheels, but they are 15" 7" wide front, and 10" wide rears. 5 X 4.5 bolt pattern same as Stude. I will have to measure the back spacing and report back.
                              Never mind for me any how. The bolt pattern won't work for.
                              Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Working...
                              X