1951 Champion crank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1951 Champion crank

I was just at the Apple Blossom Festival Show in Winchester, VA and was asked if there were any 170 cranks laying around the area. The person is restoring a 51 Champion and the crank is toast.

On another note, he mentioned he had a 185 from a 55 Champion. Wouldn't it be a better scenario if he rebuilt and installed the 185 in the '51?

thx
    64 GT Hawk (K7)
    1970 Avanti (R3)

I like to keep things stock, and the stock 51 Champion engine is already a pretty long stroke, so I wouldn't care to make it longer.
    SI has new cranks, if you want to spend about $600.

Comment

IIRC, the 1951 cranks still have the threaded rear main seal surface. If that's correct, I have one cleaned, machined, ready to install for $149 , plus shipping. Have him e-mail me, PackardV8@comcast.net.

jack vines
      PackardV8

Comment

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
        IIRC, the 1951 cranks still have the threaded rear main seal surface. If that's correct, I have one cleaned, machined, ready to install for $149 , plus shipping. Have him e-mail me, PackardV8@comcast.net.

jack vines
        This is what SDC is all about!

Comment

Its nice that Jack has a crank , I don't think a 185 crank would fit any way as 1955 and up cranks have larger main journals, Ed

Comment

Working...
          X