Mooovin' out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mooovin' out!

Took the Sky Hawk for its longest jaunt yet from Southampton, Long Island to Montauk Point. The farther east you drive the nicer the roads are and the less traffic there is, until summer of course. I used the opportunity to pin it while still keeping it around 50mph as I'm still in the break-in period, which is nearly over. This car boogies! I don't know why it didn't before the rebuild, but it always seemed a bit sluggish considering the power to weight ratio of this model. So, much as I was unhappy about both the time and cost of the work, it seems to be paying off. Caution: Do not, repeat do not attempt to pass me once the run-in period has been reached and the oil changed to see if there are any parts from old appliances or firearms in the oil pan, to pass or challenge me while I am on the highways. I pity the poor supercar leaser who tries that! Of course I would never do this here in the Hamptons as this is the peak ticket-giving season, analagous to early April for accountants. See you on the roads?
    peter lee

Happy to hear that it is running well for you. You must have it "tuned up" pretty well. Now you may need to invest in a radar detector!
    Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the cops only stop Studebakers to admire them, and ask questions.

Comment

Maybe in some places, but not in the Hamptons during the summer. They'll ticket a kid on a Hot Wheels tricycle if they can.
        peter lee

Comment

Working...
        X