63 Daytona whats it worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63 Daytona whats it worth?

Found this yesterday. Owner wasnt home. Whats it worth? Looks nice on top, but has some ruxt in the wheel wells. "V" code V8/auto, red/red buckets. Sorry for the icy pics, they got sleet the night before....

hmmm, my girlfriend has 2 GT Hawks....and I feel left out, wheres my "R" model Daytona????

ok well that didnt work.....heres the link to my photobucket

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

hmmm, my girlfriend has 2 GT Hawks....and I feel left out, wheres my "R" model Daytona????

Comment

ok well that didnt work.....heres the link to my photobucket

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by loc8tor

Found this yesterday. Owner wasnt home. Whats it worth? Looks nice on top, but has some ruxt in the wheel wells. "V" code V8/auto, red/red buckets. Sorry for the icy pics, they got sleet the night before....

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Comment

hey, thanks for fixing that for me!!!!! any suggestions on a price?????

Comment

Comment

Hard to say. Some of that wheelhouse rust looks familiar to me, when I bought my '63 Daytona Hardtop in '88! Mine is a factory R1 and Skytop, and I paid $2,600 for it then, which in hindsight I felt I probably paid a grand too much back then.

That first picture sure makes that car look cute! I like '64's better, but the '63 has its charms!

I'll be curious to see what others might chime in on. You probably know that the front bucket seats are recovered in non-original material and pattern (although appear presentable).

Bill Pressler
                Kent, OH
                Bill Pressler
                Kent, OH
                (formerly Greenville, PA)
                Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                All are in Australia now

Comment

Hard to say. Some of that wheelhouse rust looks familiar to me, when I bought my '63 Daytona Hardtop in '88! Mine is a factory R1 and Skytop, and I paid $2,600 for it then, which in hindsight I felt I probably paid a grand too much back then.

That first picture sure makes that car look cute! I like '64's better, but the '63 has its charms!

I'll be curious to see what others might chime in on. You probably know that the front bucket seats are recovered in non-original material and pattern (although appear presentable).

Bill Pressler
                  Kent, OH
                  Bill Pressler
                  Kent, OH
                  (formerly Greenville, PA)
                  Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                  Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                  1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                  1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                  All are in Australia now

Comment

hey, thanks for fixing that for me!!!!!
                    You needed the "img" to be small case. Just use the icon above that looks like mountains (4th from the right) and insert your URL. By the way, I sold my '63 Daytona in 1976 for $60.00. [:0] I wish I had it back....[V]

Comment

hey, thanks for fixing that for me!!!!!
                      You needed the "img" to be small case. Just use the icon above that looks like mountains (4th from the right) and insert your URL. By the way, I sold my '63 Daytona in 1976 for $60.00. [:0] I wish I had it back....[V]

Comment

I bought one in 86. It is a 6 cyl auto. I paid 50, bucks for it, patched it up, and gave it to ny daughter to drive to Hi school.She later gave it to her son to drive to Hi school. He took it apart in my shop and traded me out of a Scotsman truck to drive to school. The Daytona is still in pieces in the shop. NT

Neil Thornton
                        Hazlehurst, GA
                        '57 Silver Hawk
                        '56 Sky Hawk
                        '51 2R16 dump truck
                        Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

I bought one in 86. It is a 6 cyl auto. I paid 50, bucks for it, patched it up, and gave it to ny daughter to drive to Hi school.She later gave it to her son to drive to Hi school. He took it apart in my shop and traded me out of a Scotsman truck to drive to school. The Daytona is still in pieces in the shop. NT

Neil Thornton
                          Hazlehurst, GA
                          '57 Silver Hawk
                          '56 Sky Hawk
                          '51 2R16 dump truck
                          Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

I prefer the 64s and 66s myself, my fiancees father has a 66 Daytona he bought new(I love the taillights!), and her brother has a 64 Daytona(but he wont sell it, I like them because they look like the 66, but have stude power!). The 63s started to grow on me a few years ago.....I saw one at a local show that was hot rodded a little, it had aftermarket wheels, and some extra finned aluminum and chrome under the hood, kinda looked like what a 16 yr old kid would have done to it in the late 60s! Ofcourse the fact that it was a 4 gear with a paxton helped!

Comment

I prefer the 64s and 66s myself, my fiancees father has a 66 Daytona he bought new(I love the taillights!), and her brother has a 64 Daytona(but he wont sell it, I like them because they look like the 66, but have stude power!). The 63s started to grow on me a few years ago.....I saw one at a local show that was hot rodded a little, it had aftermarket wheels, and some extra finned aluminum and chrome under the hood, kinda looked like what a 16 yr old kid would have done to it in the late 60s! Ofcourse the fact that it was a 4 gear with a paxton helped!

Comment

Working...
                              X