56 Transtar wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 56 Transtar wiring

Is there anyone out there that lives near Bakersfield, CA that would be willing to take on a small wiring job for this pickup. I will pay fair. Although fairly mechanically inclined I am electronically illiterate. Thanks for any help you guys can give.

Have you tried Steve Montgomery? He should be in the SDC Roster in Bakersfield.

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I don't know Steve. If you can let him know it would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

I'm in no position to take on a repair job. Aside from no time I don't really have a decent place to work. I'm getting the brakes back on my 63 Champ and it's on jack stands out in the open on dirt and it's taken over 2 weeks to do a 4 hour job. Why Bakersfield? No shops in the Central Coast?

Curiosity got the better of me. What's wrong with the truck that made you decide you need to re wire it? Assuming the wiring is toast have you considered a manufactured loom? To keep the color codes right and avoid the hassle of trying to reinvent the wheel unless I was doing a short specific repair I wouldn't do any thing else than buy a loom and install it. I did this on my Avanti because the old wiring was really fried. in your case much of the wiring has organic insulation that may be in a rapid state of disintegration. That may be a good reason to re-wire.

The nice thing about a loom is the wires are shaped and cut to length along with having the right connections on the ends that make hooking them up a logical and straight forward proposition. Best wishes

Comment

Thanks Steve for answering my request.

StudeRich
          Studebakers Northwest
          Ferndale, WA
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
          X