Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Body No 13 on a Packard Hawk in Holland. What is the Serial Number ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body No 13 on a Packard Hawk in Holland. What is the Serial Number ?

Hi blokes,
    the other week when I was in Holland I went to visit a bloke who had two of those really common 1958 Packard Hawks. The survival rate of these cars never ceases to amaze me. They are as common as 1931 Four Season Roadsters.

One was body number 13. Does anyone have the serial number for this car ? I could not get the door open enough to see the serial number.

Was it low enough to be a show car? The car is in really rough shape and needs a squillion dollars spent on it.

The other car was serial number 58LS1277 with Body number 336

He also had a parts car that had been junked in America previously and had the parts from that as well.

Regards
    Greg

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3664.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	1757784 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3659.jpg
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	1757785 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3662.jpg
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	1757786 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3663.jpg
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	1757787
    Greg Diffen

Editor Studebaker Owners Club UK magazine

Australian Stude guy living in Warwick, United Kingdom

1933 St Regis Brougham Model 56 delivered new in the Netherlands
    1937 Dictator sedan Australian Body by TJ Richards RHC
    1937 Packard Super 8 Limousine UK delivered RHC
    1939 Packard Super 8 Seven Passenger sedan monster UK delivered RHC
    1939 Commander Cabriolet by Lagenthal of Switzerland
    1963 Lark Daytona Hardtop
    1988 Avanti Convertible

Can't help on the serial number but that one needs some work to be a Chick Magnet.

Comment

Originally posted by go-studebaker View Post
      Hi blokes,
      the other week when I was in Holland I went to visit a bloke who had two of those really common 1958 Packard Hawks. The survival rate of these cars never ceases to amaze me. They are as common as 1931 Four Season Roadsters.

One was body number 13. Does anyone have the serial number for this car ? I could not get the door open enough to see the serial number.

Was it low enough to be a show car? The car is in really rough shape and needs a squillion dollars spent on it.

The other car was serial number 58LS1277 with Body number 336

He also had a parts car that had been junked in America previously and had the parts from that as well.

Regards
      Greg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]72148[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]72149[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]72150[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]72151[/ATTACH]
      Greg, Body # 13 belongs to Serial # 58LS1009, which was the 9th Packard Hawk built. It is an automatic transmission car and originally painted Midnight Black. Both of these cars are known to be in existence. Hope this helps. Dave

Comment

Originally posted by go-studebaker View Post
        One was body number 13. Does anyone have the serial number for this car ?
        All Studebakers, from early on in their production of automobiles, had the serial number stamped on the underside of the rear frame cross member. This would also include '57 - '58 Packards. If.that would be any easier to access?

Mark
        sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

Originally posted by S2Deluxe View Post
          All Studebakers, from early on in their production of automobiles, had the serial number stamped on the underside of the rear frame cross member. This would also include '57 - '58 Packards. If.that would be any easier to access?

Mark
          That technically is correct and may apply in your "neck of the woods", but here in the Northeast, I have only been able to find a couple of these S/Ns out of the hundreds of Studebakers that I have looked at.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
            That technically is correct and may apply in your "neck of the woods", but here in the Northeast, I have only been able to find a couple of these S/Ns out of the hundreds of Studebakers that I have looked at.
            That's certainly possible, I have no reason to question it, but if you don't try checking you'll never really know for sure?

Mark
            Last edited by S2Deluxe; 05-06-2018, 10:52 AM.
            sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

Working...
            X