PDA

View Full Version : 1950 Champion Featured In Major Newspaper Article

Kato
05-03-2018, 11:24 AM
Not very often you see a Studebaker featured in a major newspaper. The Toronto Star is a national newspaper here in Canada, much like the New York Times etc...

https://www.thestar.com/autos/2018/05/03/eye-candy-1950-studebaker-champion.html

Stude Shoo-wop!
05-03-2018, 05:39 PM
Well then, that was certainly a heartwarming story. From generation to generation, the torch of memory shall be passed until there is nary a whit of it left but a sickly, dying ember upon a splinter of hickory. It is special, then, that Studebaker shall be included in this particular torch.

As a non-sequitur, I would think that Champions would have been extremely popular in Canada for it's low operating costs and sheer ruggedness. Can someone further shed some light on this?

Kato
05-05-2018, 09:30 PM
Well then, that was certainly a heartwarming story. From generation to generation, the torch of memory shall be passed until there is nary a whit of it left but a sickly, dying ember upon a splinter of hickory. It is special, then, that Studebaker shall be included in this particular torch.

As a non-sequitur, I would think that Champions would have been extremely popular in Canada for it's low operating costs and sheer ruggedness. Can someone further shed some light on this?

How poetic! :)

Jerry Forrester
05-06-2018, 08:06 AM

I'm just a poor ole dumb southern boy, raised and educated in the government schools in the great state of Aladambama. Could someone please explain to me what Jake just said? I don't understand 90% of what he says. <G>

raprice
05-07-2018, 08:33 AM
Nice story about a beautiful Stude. There's something incredible about a yellow Stude.
I remember that Studebaker very often used yellow cars in some of their ads. The car really stands out.
I wish you the best of luck with your beautiful Stude.
Rog

jclary
05-07-2018, 08:56 AM
I'm just a poor ole dumb southern boy, raised and educated in the government schools in the great state of Aladambama. Could someone please explain to me what Jake just said? I don't understand 90% of what he says. <G>

Yeah...from a Carolina Hillbilly...He said he "Liked" the story.;)