PDA

View Full Version : 1957 Golden Hawk for $17,300

TWChamp
05-02-2018, 08:35 AM
I haven't checked into this GH, but the price looks low to me.

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/d/1957-studebaker-golden-hawk/6575987140.html

Commander Eddie
05-02-2018, 08:57 AM
That does seem like a great price for a Golden Hawk in that condition. Last year my brother purchased one out of Indiana for about that same price but it was not in nearly as good a condition. Someone may get a heck of a deal unless there is something wrong with it that is not obvious or revealed by the seller. Very interesting Johnny Lightning connection alleged. I expect the seller has documentation to back up that claim.

5brown1
05-02-2018, 10:04 AM
if it is too good to be true ------- you know the rest

TedsHawk
05-02-2018, 01:10 PM
Scam, pic is from this listing

https://www.spudsgarage.com/vehicles/57StudeHawkchra/index.htm

Stude Shoo-wop!
05-02-2018, 04:17 PM
Scam, pic is from this listing

https://www.spudsgarage.com/vehicles/57StudeHawkchra/index.htm

I do wish that - one day - I could do an innocent bit of online parousing through the car ads without having to question whether or not the advertisement itself is genuine. I suppose it's just wishful thinking, as trickery and deceit has existed for as long as the Earth has been rotating on its hermetically-stable axis.

Big Smooth
05-02-2018, 04:21 PM
Hate scams. Super nice car and think they want in the 60s for it..

studegary
05-02-2018, 08:36 PM
I do wish that - one day - I could do an innocent bit of online parousing through the car ads without having to question whether or not the advertisement itself is genuine. I suppose it's just wishful thinking, as trickery and deceit has existed for as long as the Earth has been rotating on its hermetically-stable axis.

Please explain your "hermetically-stable axis". The Earth's atmosphere is not sealed into something, rather it is just held in diminishing amounts by gravity created by the Earth's mass. And I do not see how the Earth's axis has anything to do with hermetically. Perhaps there is some new definition that I am not familiar with.

drrotor
05-03-2018, 12:47 AM
Please explain your "hermetically-stable axis". The Earth's atmosphere is not sealed into something, rather it is just held in diminishing amounts by gravity created by the Earth's mass. And I do not see how the Earth's axis has anything to do with hermetically. Perhaps there is some new definition that I am not familiar with.

Gary— Good Grief.

colt45sa
05-03-2018, 09:26 AM
I do wish that - one day - I could do an innocent bit of online parousing through the car ads without having to question whether or not the advertisement itself is genuine. I suppose it's just wishful thinking, as trickery and deceit has existed for as long as the Earth has been rotating on its hermetically-stable axis. It's a fact of life that when prices are rising, more and more whores come out to join the party. You had better know what you are looking at and be willing to pay a "knowledgeable" inspection service or take a knowledgeable mechanic/body man with you to look at a car. I know more than one person who got 'smoked' good by 'less than honest' sellers. I have found several cars that I would have bought if the price was reasonable but the seller had paid too much for the car, spent a fortune trying to fix the problems, threw on a $600 Maaco paint job, and tried to get all his "investment" back. Investment~?? Since when is a car an investment~?

Stude Shoo-wop!
05-03-2018, 05:25 PM

I meant it as a figure of speech, as I had thought "hermetically-sealed" would relate to the Earth's axis being airtight. That is, I wanted to show that something even as massive as a meteor cannot force the Earth off of its axis, therefore referring to the airtight nature of the thing.

Good grief!