1957 Golden Hawk for $17,300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1957 Golden Hawk for $17,300

I haven't checked into this GH, but the price looks low to me.

That does seem like a great price for a Golden Hawk in that condition. Last year my brother purchased one out of Indiana for about that same price but it was not in nearly as good a condition. Someone may get a heck of a deal unless there is something wrong with it that is not obvious or revealed by the seller. Very interesting Johnny Lightning connection alleged. I expect the seller has documentation to back up that claim.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

if it is too good to be true ------- you know the rest

Comment

Scam, pic is from this listing

Spuds Garage - Safely Matching Buyers and Sellers Worldwide Since 1998 - Custom Designed Marketing for Classic Cars, Muscle Cars, Street Rods, Resto Rods, Retro Rods and More
        sigpic1957 Golden Hawk

Comment

Originally posted by TedsHawk View Post
          I do wish that - one day - I could do an innocent bit of online parousing through the car ads without having to question whether or not the advertisement itself is genuine. I suppose it's just wishful thinking, as trickery and deceit has existed for as long as the Earth has been rotating on its hermetically-stable axis.
          Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

Hate scams. Super nice car and think they want in the 60s for it..
            sigpic1957 Goldenhawk

Keeping the passion alive

Comment

Originally posted by Stude Shoo-wop! View Post
              I do wish that - one day - I could do an innocent bit of online parousing through the car ads without having to question whether or not the advertisement itself is genuine. I suppose it's just wishful thinking, as trickery and deceit has existed for as long as the Earth has been rotating on its hermetically-stable axis.
              Please explain your "hermetically-stable axis". The Earth's atmosphere is not sealed into something, rather it is just held in diminishing amounts by gravity created by the Earth's mass. And I do not see how the Earth's axis has anything to do with hermetically. Perhaps there is some new definition that I am not familiar with.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                Please explain your "hermetically-stable axis". The Earth's atmosphere is not sealed into something, rather it is just held in diminishing amounts by gravity created by the Earth's mass. And I do not see how the Earth's axis has anything to do with hermetically. Perhaps there is some new definition that I am not familiar with.
                Gary— Good Grief.
                1950 Commander Land Cruiser
                1951 Champion Business Coupe
                1951 Commander Starlight
                1952 Champion 2Dr. Sedan
                1953 Champion Starlight
                1953 Commander Starliner
                1953 2R5
                1956 Golden Hawk Jet Streak
                1957 Silver Hawk
                1957 3E5 Pick-Up
                1959 Silver Hawk
                1961 Hawk
                1962 Cruiser 4 speed
                1963 Daytona Convertible
                1964 Daytona R2 4 speed
                1965 Cruiser
                1970 Avanti

Comment

the parade

Originally posted by Stude Shoo-wop! View Post
                  It's a fact of life that when prices are rising, more and more whores come out to join the party. You had better know what you are looking at and be willing to pay a "knowledgeable" inspection service or take a knowledgeable mechanic/body man with you to look at a car. I know more than one person who got 'smoked' good by 'less than honest' sellers. I have found several cars that I would have bought if the price was reasonable but the seller had paid too much for the car, spent a fortune trying to fix the problems, threw on a $600 Maaco paint job, and tried to get all his "investment" back. Investment~?? Since when is a car an investment~?

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                    I meant it as a figure of speech, as I had thought "hermetically-sealed" would relate to the Earth's axis being airtight. That is, I wanted to show that something even as massive as a meteor cannot force the Earth off of its axis, therefore referring to the airtight nature of the thing.

Good grief!
                    Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

Working...
                    X