Daytona with a 4-speed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daytona with a 4-speed.

Here's a 2-door hardtop Daytona with 4-speed.

Has Twin Traction and disc brakes. Was the 4-speed a rare option?

And it's only $6!!!!!!!!

I would not call a T-10 Borg Warner 4 Speed exactly a "RARE" Option, quite a few were built with 259, 289, R1 and R2 Avanti (Jet Thrust) Engines.

Are they less common than Flight-O-Matic Automatic column shifts, SURE!

Desirable? ... Heck YES!

For $6 Dollars? Yes, a heck of a DEAL!
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

The work that Brook Stevens undertook to make the automotive equivalent of week-old bread as competitive as possible in 1964 was nothing short of remarkable. In fact, the only obvious clue that this car reveals that its roots trace back to the early 1950s is the slightly-too-low rear bumper. That being said, this Daytona has the promise of being a great and reliable driver, especially if it's being sold for only $6.00!
      Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

Ya know Jake, you REALLY ought to write Books!

You definitely have a WAY with words, very uncommon in your Generation.

When I write something, it's totally "Just the Facts Mam", no fancy descriptive words or embellishments at all, it would be very boring for a Book.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Great raw material! I would love to see what kind of shape its in underneath; Love 4 speeds!

Comment

yes, it's kind of maddening that something unusual like a 4 speed, is not shown in photos of the interior. Someone is not trying hard enough to sell a car.

Comment

Black with red wheels and dog dish caps. You can't beat that.
              Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Nice. I wonder if the car is in the registry.

Comment

Originally posted by abkco View Post
                  yes, it's kind of maddening that something unusual like a 4 speed, is not shown in photos of the interior. Someone is not trying hard enough to sell a car.
                  I'll say. I wrote the seller last night...as of yet, no response.
                  Mike Davis
                  1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

I talked to him the other day just to get some info. It sounds like a decent car. The trunk was cut out and replaced some time ago. Some rust in the floors. I would need to see pix of the frame as its from PA.
                    I was considering it, but its just a tad too much and just a tad too far. A little closer and a little cheaper and I'd already have it. I love the 64 Daytona 2dr hardtops.
                    sals54

Comment

Working...
                    X