PDA

View Full Version : south bend weather

jerezstude
04-30-2018, 01:15 PM
What is the weather forecast for South Bend this week?
Jerry Kurtz

jimmijim8
04-30-2018, 01:27 PM
not too good jimmijim

Jthomp1986
04-30-2018, 01:48 PM
Low to mid 40s in the morning and 60-65 for a high. We are still getting frost at night up here.

jclary
04-30-2018, 03:38 PM
I can't believe it's already that time this year! I really want to come, but with my 97 Y/O mom, (in a nearby nursing home) & my wife having health issues, along with my doctor changing my diabetes meds...I'm really conflicted about being able to make the drive.

For the last few years, life here has really been "day to day," with very little ability to plan ahead. I have made no reservations, and it looks like if I can come, I will have to wait until Thursday to decide. So, if any of you see me there, please understand if I seem to be a bit more bedraggled and foggy than normal. About the only thing (I can think of right now) I might need is a heavy duty radiator for a V8 C-cab truck. Otherwise, for me, the fellowship, renewing old friendships, and making new friends, is worth the trip.

what huh
04-30-2018, 05:23 PM
Low to mid 40s in the morning and 60-65 for a high. We are still getting frost at night up here.

Sounds perfect! My kind of weather

BobPalma
04-30-2018, 06:49 PM
I can't believe it's already that time this year! I really want to come, but with my 97 Y/O mom, (in a nearby nursing home) & my wife having health issues, along with my doctor changing my diabetes meds...I'm really conflicted about being able to make the drive.

For the last few years, life here has really been "day to day," with very little ability to plan ahead. I have made no reservations, and it looks like if I can come, I will have to wait until Thursday to decide. So, if any of you see me there, please understand if I seem to be a bit more bedraggled and foggy than normal. About the only thing (I can think of right now) I might need is a heavy duty radiator for a V8 C-cab truck. Otherwise, for me, the fellowship, renewing old friendships, and making new friends, is worth the trip.

:!: 'Hope you can make the trip, John; it's always good to get caught up, however briefly. :) :cool: BP

BobPalma
04-30-2018, 06:55 PM
;) Directly from NOAA, the forecast for ZIP 46601 (South Bend) for the rest of the week as of Monday evening, April 30:

Wednesday
A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 78. Southwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.

Wednesday Night
A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 2am. Cloudy, with a low around 63. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Thursday
Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Cloudy, with a high near 76. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Thursday Night
Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Cloudy, with a low around 58. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Friday
A 40 percent chance of showers before 2pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 70.

Friday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 48.

Saturday
Sunny, with a high near 67.

Mike Sal
05-01-2018, 09:21 AM
I'm getting to go a little early this year arriving Thursday mid-day. What activities will be going on during the afternoon/evening on Thursday?
Mike Sal

thunderations
05-01-2018, 11:49 AM
Having grown up in that neck of the woods, I hesitate to plan anything for early May that is happening in northern Indiana.
Just a suggestion for those that plan this event, but what if you worked with the latter part of May, when the weather is usually much nicer, and people could plan the swap meet AND the INDY 500 into one trip.
Just a suggestion, but I won't travel 1800 miles to get wet and cold and I think others may feel the same way.

evilhawk
05-01-2018, 07:38 PM
When is south Bend? I am thinking of attending this year for the first time

BobPalma
05-01-2018, 07:42 PM
When is South Bend? I am thinking of attending this year for the first time

;) Technically Friday, May 4 and Saturday, May 5, although many people will be hanging around the fairgrounds Thursday, setting up and such. :cool: BP

jclary
05-01-2018, 08:43 PM
;) Technically Friday, May 4 and Saturday, May 5, although many people will be hanging around the fairgrounds Thursday, setting up and such. :cool: BP

Last year, I came up on Wednesday, stayed at a motel down in Plymouth. I came on up to the fairgrounds early Thursday and "earned my keep" (so to speak) by assisting vendors unload their vehicles and set up their tables. This year, if I get to come at all, I will travel Thursday, and probably not get to the fairgrounds 'till Friday. If I don't get to come, I hope everyone has a fun time, profitable swap meet, and safe travel.:!::)

54stude
05-01-2018, 08:52 PM
I like the early may, cool south bend weather. Everyone is different.

evilhawk
05-01-2018, 10:19 PM
Well I guess I'll have to sit this one out. My brother's bday is may 5th. He's not much of a car guy otherwise I'd drag him down there with me.

Studelarkrod
05-01-2018, 10:38 PM
Does anything happen on Sunday?

I had been planning on coming on Saturday but I just got wind of a friend is coming in from out of town on Saturday. So that won't work for me. What happens on Friday?

DieselJim
05-02-2018, 05:30 AM
Does anything happen on Sunday?

I had been planning on coming on Saturday but I just got wind of a friend is coming in from out of town on Saturday. So that won't work for me. What happens on Friday?Swap meet on Friday. Car show and swap meet on Saturday. Nothing on Sunday. Also a Chile dinner at SI on Friday night.

Studelarkrod
05-02-2018, 06:59 AM
Ok, Friday it is then. Looking for a passager front fender for my 60 lark wagon. And a 61 and up bumper, if anyone is reading this.......

DieselJim
05-02-2018, 07:39 AM
Ok, Friday it is then. Looking for a passager front fender for my 60 lark wagon. And a 61 and up bumper, if anyone is reading this.......Just got rid of a front seat from a 59 2 door wagon a month a go. A 2 door sedan would work also. A 59 seat has better springs. I see that you said fender not seat.

Michidan
05-02-2018, 07:57 AM
It's been such a cold spring that my first shake down run for the year was the drive into work this morning.
Besides my winter projects (the car is never done) I noticed a gas leak from the fitting at the fuel pump a few weeks back. That seems safely fixed and I had a nice commute. Should be all systems go for Saturday morning. It's about a 90 minute drive for me down to the fairgrounds.

sweetolbob
05-02-2018, 08:13 AM
A couple of thoughts on May weather. While May is generally the wettest month, most rains are not the all day downpour type. The temperatures are usually in the "enjoyable to walk around in" category.

Also realize that most of the swap meet is inside and the outside vendors usually stay pretty close so if you need sheet metal that's outside they are around. SI and the Museum are also enclosed IIRC.

So if weather is the main reason one is not attending, particularly this year, you don't really don't want to go.

That said, my Grand daughter is graduating from Vet school friday and needs to be moved home over the week end so that's my excuse.

Bob

Studelarkrod
05-02-2018, 09:49 AM
Just got rid of a front seat from a 59 2 door wagon a month a go. A 2 door sedan would work also. A 59 seat has better springs. I see that you said fender not seat.

I am looking for a seat too!

jts359
05-02-2018, 11:28 AM
Boy can we get distracted, So what is the local forecast for Friday and Saturday in So. bend ? Thanks , Ed

thunderations
05-02-2018, 11:56 AM
Fri, high mid 60's with 60% chance of rain, Sat, high low 70's partly cloudy.
Boy can we get distracted, So what is the local forecast for Friday and Saturday in So. bend ? Thanks , Ed

jts359
05-02-2018, 02:32 PM
Thanks Brite and sunny

52-fan
05-02-2018, 07:16 PM
Joe and I are leaving for SB 4 AM in the morning. :)

JoeHall
05-02-2018, 08:35 PM
I work tomorrow, but hope to be underway by 5PM. Will drive about 200 miles to Kokomo, and spend the night there. Get up bright and early Friday morning, and roll into South Bend by around 8AM. We reserved a motel in Plymouth for Friday night, to avoid the South Bend congestion.

If the weather had been bad, woulda drove the old 62GT, if so-so, woulda drove the 56J. Since it is forecast to be fairly nice, will drive the wife's newly painted 63GT. I consider myself to be very fortunate, having 3 Studes to choose from. Will apply the same logic this fall, for the SDC IM out west.

Looking forward to seeing old friends, and making new ones :)

Studelarkrod
05-02-2018, 08:38 PM
What time does everything close up on Friday?

studegary
05-02-2018, 08:58 PM
Ok, Friday it is then. Looking for a passager front fender for my 60 lark wagon. And a 61 and up bumper, if anyone is reading this.......

I hope that you realize that a 1961 Lark bumper is different than a 1962 Lark bumper.

Studelarkrod
05-02-2018, 09:31 PM
I hope that you realize that a 1961 Lark bumper is different than a 1962 Lark bumper.

Yeah, and I don't care, I just want one with the " notch" for the grill. So anyone will be fine, just comes down to availability and cost

DieselJim
05-03-2018, 05:05 AM
What time does everything close up on Friday? 5 pm. Chile supper at SI after 5pm.

Avantidon
05-03-2018, 05:50 AM
Have fun, enjoy decent SB weather, eat a lot of Chille as it is rumored the Lyons know how to make it.

DieselJim
05-03-2018, 06:32 AM
Have fun, enjoy decent SB weather, eat a lot of Chille as it is rumored the Lyons know how to make it.This chili is made by our own Truck Farmer Tom Molnar.

bob40
05-03-2018, 07:51 AM
Have a great time everyone.
Had big plans to haul a load down but cannot make the drive at this time.

garyash
05-03-2018, 06:27 PM
At 7:20 pm Thursday night, it’s sprinkling on and off, gray skies with low clouds, and 70 degrees. That won’t keep the faithful away! From my hotel room window at the Oliver Inn, I can see at least one Studebaker at the Tippecanoe restaurant. We’re headed for the Fiddler’s Hearth for a beer and some dinner after our 900 mile drive over the last two days.

garyash
05-03-2018, 07:07 PM
A pint of draft Belhaven ale for me, a flight of draft IPAs for Jane. Heaven! Live Gaelic music tonight, too.

Bob Andrews
05-03-2018, 08:06 PM
I came here to lurk the Meet. Sure wish I could be there to see my cherished friends in person, and overspend on Studebaker stuff. Have fun and post many more pics!

DieselJim
05-03-2018, 08:36 PM
Hi Bob. Been a long time. May be our trails will cross in the future.

studegary
05-03-2018, 08:58 PM
I came here to lurk the Meet. Sure wish I could be there to see my cherished friends in person, and overspend on Studebaker stuff. Have fun and post many more pics!

It is timely that you reappeared. Just this week I got a call from a guy that bought a Lark from you.

JoeHall
05-03-2018, 10:05 PM
69, with light sprinklies in Kokomo, when we pulled in to the motel an hour ago. Rain or shine, will be there, and WILL have fun.

Studelarkrod
05-04-2018, 06:49 AM
Leaving today after I take my dog to the vet, should put me there around noon.

Hawklover
05-05-2018, 01:45 PM
Why think of land locked So Bend, Ed........you have the Joyzee shore ......the most beautiful in the country.....love to get on the boardwalk and stroll from Asbury heading south well past Belmar......love the shore.......need some cash, want to buy a place in the Atlantic Highlands!!!

Hawklover
05-05-2018, 01:46 PM
No Bush Mills for you folks????
A pint of draft Belhaven ale for me, a flight of draft IPAs for Jane. Heaven! Live Gaelic music tonight, too.

Hawklover
05-05-2018, 01:49 PM
The big question......is Thibeault vending, or are the knees keeping him land-locked in "Tax-achusetts?"
At 7:20 pm Thursday night, it’s sprinkling on and off, gray skies with low clouds, and 70 degrees. That won’t keep the faithful away! From my hotel room window at the Oliver Inn, I can see at least one Studebaker at the Tippecanoe restaurant. We’re headed for the Fiddler’s Hearth for a beer and some dinner after our 900 mile drive over the last two days.

Bob Bryant
05-05-2018, 02:32 PM
It is wished that all car events in South Bend could have weather like we have enjoyed here this weekend. The public address system announced that 27 states were represented. I had the opportunity to meet some favorite people in the world of Studebakers. A perfect day!

DieselJim
05-05-2018, 10:04 PM
The big question......is Thibeault vending, or are the knees keeping him land-locked in "Tax-achusetts?" He was here.