No. Just no.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No. Just no.

I know we're all different and it takes all kinds. It's his car, so he can do what he wants...but, Starsky & Hutch?

https://maine.craigslist.org/cto/d/1...575555150.html

It says Fiberglas "Body", I am pretty sure that the Roof, Floors, Doors, maybe rear Quarters and Deck Lid are NOT!

A Lot of money spent to devalue a '64 GT Hawk.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StoneDog View Post
      It's his car, so he can do what he wants...but,
      ...he wants to make it someone else's now.

Craig

Comment

Bwahahahahahah
        64 GT Hawk (K7)
        1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Good Job!
          Given enough time I think the forum could run off all potential members.
          Jack
          Jack White
          Charlotte,NC
          North Carolina Studebaker Drivers Club

Comment

What I find really interesting is that the kustomiser decided to exchange the 1963-64 style headlight bezels in favor of those from a 1962 and then paint them to match the body. Also, I find the basic design to be good (not great mind you), but that ridiculous plug made for the "grillets" and the insertion of tacky amber reflectors (?) in its place ruin it.
            Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

I'll pass, thank you.
              Lou Van Anne
              62 Champ
              64 R2 GT Hawk
              79 Avanti II

Comment

I like that car. I don't care much for the Starsky and Hutch paint job or the customized front end. But other than those few things, I like it.
                Jerry Forrester
                Forrester's Chrome
                Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Forrester View Post
                  I like that car. I don't care much for the Starsky and Hutch paint job or the customized front end. But other than those few things, I like it.
                  Ditto. Besides, its not a bad looking car for a cheap price. And its easily changed back to original.
                  sals54

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Forrester View Post
                    Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, did you enjoy the play?
                    Agree, Jerry, without the paint and the custom front end and it's back to being a GT Hawk; what's not to like?

jack vines
                    PackardV8

Comment

Probably the prototype for Starsky & Hutch.
                      Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
                      Fort Worth, TX

Comment

Is it me or does the grill look not to be connected to the hood? Could it have a fiberglass 53/54 hood?

Comment

Originally posted by sals54 View Post
                          Ditto. Besides, its not a bad looking car for a cheap price. And its easily changed back to original.
                          Practicality rules!
                          peter lee

Comment

We, as Studebaker owners are especially sensitive about what certain individuals do to their cars because they are so rare. Whenever I encounter a particularly bad "customization" I usually weigh in by suggesting that they leave these cars alone and to please find some Ford, Chevy, or other marque of which there are many more examples. Sometimes I get a rather hostile retort that "It's a free country," etc, etc, and the rest of the shopworn shibboleths and cliches which often accompany them. Of course while bad or even questionable taste can't or shouldn't be legislated or mandated, one would hope that the next owner will please restore it to its former glory. Please excuse the insane and inane ramblings of an old Studie owner and have a great ride.
                            peter lee

Comment

I agree with Peter. I'm all for keeping the Studebaker history alive and showing original cars to the public.

This is an open forum where many of us give our opinions, so I don't see that as a bad thing or slamming. After all, look what AMC did with the Gremlin and Pacer. Ugly

At least we can all agree on the beautiful cars Studebaker built, like the 53, and Hawks.

Comment

Working...
                              X