PDA

View Full Version : Estate full of mostly used parts

Son O Lark
04-28-2018, 10:10 PM
I am now in charge of selling off an estate blessed with many used Studebaker parts. This is Dale McPhearson's collection. Are there any parts vendors in the Central Indiana area that would like to put a bid on whole lot? There are some NOS parts amongst the used. Lots of stainless trim. Nearly every car part is represented. To see the collection call or text me at 317-600-8547 or email me at bmcphearson@speedwayschools.org

swvalcon
04-29-2018, 09:15 AM
I would say in the next ten years there are going to be more and more of these big parts and unrestored car collections that will need to be cleaned up and sold. Best bet is to discount it and sell to one or two vendors.

studegary
04-29-2018, 10:02 AM
I would say in the next ten years there are going to be more and more of these big parts and unrestored car collections that will need to be cleaned up and sold. Best bet is to discount it and sell to one or two vendors.

When I last moved, I sold my parts stock (about half new and half used) to one vendor for less than ten cents on the dollar. This way it was all gone in one day and the vendor could make a profit. It was one full size truck and trailer load that was heavy on C/K and with some Lark.

BobPalma
04-29-2018, 05:50 PM
:) Barry: Why not call any or all three of these guys in central Indiana immediately? They all deal in the type of used parts your Dad has, and might be willing / want to get them to take selected items to the South Bend Swap Meet next weekend.

Brian Middleton: (765) 480-8267

Greg Jones: (765) 583-2328

Daryl Lahr: (260) 375-4151

I'd do it right away, though; they'll be packing for South Bend early this week. ;) :cool: BP

Son O Lark
04-29-2018, 08:01 PM
Thanks Bob, I will call them. We've been going through the garage this weekend. There is tons of personal items amid the parts. It will take some time to go through. I realistically believe our timing to get parts to South Bend is barely possible. We haven't even touched the basement. Legend has it there is a car down there.