PDA

View Full Version : '57 Packard project / parts car on ebay

mbstude
04-27-2018, 07:34 PM
Just listed this. We bought it to part it out, but after getting it running, we decided we'd feel guilty cutting it up without at least making an effort to make it available "whole" first.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/173291695209

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/954/26879052607_17d87c65fb_c.jpg

studegary
04-27-2018, 08:25 PM
Thanks to you guys for trying to save it. I have brought back worse than that in the past, but I am beyond that stage.

Why do you list it and describe it as a "Studebaker" and "President" It should be listed and described as a Packard Clipper. You might also mention the similarity to a Studebaker President Classic (my first Studebaker [when it had only been used for one year]).

EDIT: If no one has bid, I believe that you can make changes to the listing.

57pack
04-27-2018, 09:41 PM
It looks like the supercharger is still under the hood!
Usually it’s in a box in the trunk.

tsenecal
04-27-2018, 10:31 PM
I would sure like to see it be saved by somebody. Somebody that is good at rust repair, that is. It seems like a pretty solid drivetrain, but he mentioned that the hood was the ONLY panel without rust. Still, I agree with seller, that it is unique enough to make it worth the effort, to restore.

mbstude
04-28-2018, 05:29 AM
Why do you list it and describe it as a "Studebaker" and "President" It should be listed and described as a Packard Clipper.

I listed it as a Stude because I think the car has more interest to those searching for “Studebaker” versus those searching for “Packard”. For me personally, I never search eBay for Packards, but I do keep an eye on what Studebakers are listed. The “President” part of the listing is due to eBay requiring a seller to pick a model name from a drop down menu. President was the closest thing on the list.

I think that anyone who would be interested in the car knows what it is. If it doesn’t get a bid, we’ll be making a lot of rare parts available. Works out for us either way.

acolds
04-28-2018, 08:32 AM
Looks to be complete even has the bumper jack and handle only see one missing piece of chrome Clipper name on rear fender. I like the two tone paint on the top of taillight which is not correct but looks nice to me.The complete supercharged engine and water cooled transmission and finned brake drums are also a plus for any Studebaker person looking for drive train wonder if it has TT .

raoul5788
04-28-2018, 08:50 AM
Looks to be complete even has the bumper jack and handle only see one missing piece of chrome Clipper name on rear fender. I like the two tone paint on the top of taillight which is not correct but looks nice to me.The complete supercharged engine and water cooled transmission and finned brake drums are also a plus for any Studebaker person looking for drive train wonder if it has TT .

Didn't all of the '57 Packards have TT rear ends?

- - - Updated - - -

It looks like the supercharger is still under the hood!
Usually it’s in a box in the trunk.

If it's there at all!

mbstude
04-28-2018, 04:48 PM
It does not have Twin Trac.

6hk71400
05-04-2018, 04:00 PM
It does not have Twin Trac.

With 3 hours to go and no bids it looks like it is headed for Stude/Packard Valhalla.

Bob Miles
Different by Design
Different by Delight

sals54
05-04-2018, 04:16 PM
I would be interested, but not at that starting price. It shows well in the pix, but WOW. It needs absolutely everything. It would be a shame to have someone buy it just to have the supercharger parts. But I'm not sure its worth that price even if its just for the supercharger stuff. And too bad its in Florida. Thats about as far away from everyone as you can get. Id have to consider shipping to California. That aint cheap either.
I'm wondering how those bumperettes would look on my 54 Coupe.
And I'm a little ashamed to even call them bumperETTES. Fer cryin out loud, thats like calling Marilyn Monroe, petite. Sheesh.
Keep us posted if it goes up for sale cheaper, OK?

mbstude
05-04-2018, 04:41 PM
I would be interested, but not at that starting price. It shows well in the pix, but WOW. It needs absolutely everything. It would be a shame to have someone buy it just to have the supercharger parts. But I'm not sure its worth that price even if its just for the supercharger stuff. And too bad its in Florida. Thats about as far away from everyone as you can get. Id have to consider shipping to California. That aint cheap either.
And I'm a little ashamed to even call them bumperETTES. Fer cryin out loud, thats like calling Marilyn Monroe, petite. Sheesh.
Keep us posted if it goes up for sale cheaper, OK?

It won't get any cheaper. Either it sells on ebay this go-round or we start pulling parts off of it. We already have someone interested in the drivetrain.

6hk71400
05-05-2018, 10:59 AM

I would think it would be the same effect as buy a push up bra from Grandma for Mothers Day and she wears it

Bob Miles
Different by Design
Different by Delight

sals54
05-05-2018, 02:35 PM

I would think it would be the same effect as buy a push up bra from Grandma for Mothers Day and she wears it

Bob Miles
Different by Design
Different by Delight

HEY ! ! ! I resemble that remark.. But, yeah... I get it.