PDA

View Full Version : SAGINAW power steering Hose

58L-J8 Guy
04-26-2018, 09:21 PM
I am in need of a Power Steering Hose for a 58 Packard with the Saginaw steering box. Parts book shows it to be 1544294 p.s. hose- pump to control valve. I have a 58 Studebaker left front fender NOS, that I don't need. If you have the correct NOS hose, I will buy or trade even up for the fender.
Sorry, I cannot ship the fender.
Thanks, Dave

RadioRoy
04-26-2018, 09:28 PM
The last time I needed such a hose for my 54 Commander, they had it at Studebakers West.

57pack
04-26-2018, 09:47 PM
I needed the same hose for my 1957 Packard with Saginaw power steering.
I took it to our local hydraulic shop and they made one for me. Another option for you.

52 Ragtop
04-26-2018, 09:47 PM
Dave,
I can now make up the early power steering hoses, Send me your old hose, and I can duplicate it.

Jim

mbstude
04-26-2018, 09:53 PM
Dave,
I can now make up the early power steering hoses, Send me your old hose, and I can duplicate it.

Jim

Thanks for posting that Jim, I referred a gentleman to you earlier today with a 58 Packard Hawk needing PS hoses. Thanks for the confirmation.

rkapteyn
04-26-2018, 10:12 PM
I am in need of a Power Steering Hose for a 58 Packard with the Saginaw steering box. Parts book shows it to be 1544294 p.s. hose- pump to control valve. I have a 58 Studebaker left front fender NOS, that I don't need. If you have the correct NOS hose, I will buy or trade even up for the fender.
Sorry, I cannot ship the fender.
Thanks, Dave

I am needing a left front fender and fins for a 58L-J8 , and I may have the hose you need.
Robert Kapteyn
studebaker@mac.com
Put Studebaker in the subject line , otherwise it
ends up in the junk box.

Jeffry Cassel
04-27-2018, 08:34 AM
Many parts stores rebuild hoses. I take them to the local implement dealer to be rebuilt. A relacement will be , more likely than not, be of cheap, Chinese stuff and/or won't fit. And it will cost more. An NOS is, like, really old.

58L-J8 Guy
04-27-2018, 12:51 PM
Thank you to all who responded to my post. This gives me some new vendors and options to check out. I drive this car almost daily and the original hose on it is currently ok, however being 60 years old I think it should be replaced. Really don't want to have the car in-useable while waiting for one to be made. I will do that this winter, when it's parked for the season. Don't suppose anyone would have a used one I could buy, send it out to be re-made and when it arrives put it on ?
Again, thanks to all, and keep drivin' em !
Dave