SAGINAW power steering Hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAGINAW power steering Hose

I am in need of a Power Steering Hose for a 58 Packard with the Saginaw steering box. Parts book shows it to be 1544294 p.s. hose- pump to control valve. I have a 58 Studebaker left front fender NOS, that I don't need. If you have the correct NOS hose, I will buy or trade even up for the fender.
    Sorry, I cannot ship the fender.
    Thanks, Dave

The last time I needed such a hose for my 54 Commander, they had it at Studebakers West.
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

I needed the same hose for my 1957 Packard with Saginaw power steering.
      I took it to our local hydraulic shop and they made one for me. Another option for you.
      sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
      Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
      "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Dave,
        I can now make up the early power steering hoses, Send me your old hose, and I can duplicate it.

Jim
        "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
        their Memorials!

Comment

Originally posted by 52 Ragtop View Post
          Dave,
          I can now make up the early power steering hoses, Send me your old hose, and I can duplicate it.

Jim
          Thanks for posting that Jim, I referred a gentleman to you earlier today with a 58 Packard Hawk needing PS hoses. Thanks for the confirmation.

Comment

Originally posted by 58L-J8 Guy View Post
            I am in need of a Power Steering Hose for a 58 Packard with the Saginaw steering box. Parts book shows it to be 1544294 p.s. hose- pump to control valve. I have a 58 Studebaker left front fender NOS, that I don't need. If you have the correct NOS hose, I will buy or trade even up for the fender.
            Sorry, I cannot ship the fender.
            Thanks, Dave
            I am needing a left front fender and fins for a 58L-J8 , and I may have the hose you need.
            Robert Kapteyn
            studebaker@mac.com
            Put Studebaker in the subject line , otherwise it
            ends up in the junk box.

Comment

Many parts stores rebuild hoses. I take them to the local implement dealer to be rebuilt. A relacement will be , more likely than not, be of cheap, Chinese stuff and/or won't fit. And it will cost more. An NOS is, like, really old.

Comment

Thank you to all who responded to my post. This gives me some new vendors and options to check out. I drive this car almost daily and the original hose on it is currently ok, however being 60 years old I think it should be replaced. Really don't want to have the car in-useable while waiting for one to be made. I will do that this winter, when it's parked for the season. Don't suppose anyone would have a used one I could buy, send it out to be re-made and when it arrives put it on ?
                Again, thanks to all, and keep drivin' em !
                Dave

Comment

Working...
                X