PDA

View Full Version : eBay problems

rkapteyn
04-25-2018, 07:53 AM
Has anyone else have problems with eBay.
I won several items by using "eSnipe" and was notified that I was the winner but did not get a "pay now" notice.
Going back to the items it shows a different account number won it.
I am not sure if it is a eSnipe or eBay problem.
Robert Kapteyn

https://www.cnet.com/news/ebay-hacked-requests-all-users-change-passwords/

rkapteyn
04-25-2018, 08:31 AM
It looks like eBay solved the problems!

Bo Markham
04-25-2018, 09:08 AM
Bob look at your PM's. Bo

Mike Sal
04-25-2018, 09:24 AM
When I see something I'm interested in on ebay, I decide up front what I'm willing to pay and that's the bid I submit. I don't even check back on the ad until I get a notice that I've either won the item or lost the item. If I'm outbid, then that just means someone else wanted it more than me. No fuss no muss.
Mike Sal

tim333
04-25-2018, 12:02 PM
Mike, I usually wait and bid with 15 seconds left. Why give others an earlier opportunity to outbid you?

Mike Sal
04-25-2018, 12:18 PM
If they outbid me, that means they offered more money than I did, plain and simple.

If I put a bid of $100 on an item & it sells for $99, I'm a winner....if it sells for $101, I'm a loser.....but to me the item was only worth $100, so it doesn't really matter if it sold for $101 or $10,001.
Mike Sal

tim333
04-25-2018, 12:39 PM
Yeah but you GIVE them a chance to outbid you by showing your hand first.

Mike Sal
04-25-2018, 01:03 PM
Since the other bidders don't know what my maximum bid is, what does it matter. Whether they are using a computer program to blast in bids in at the last second or not, they also have a maximum bid (I assume) established. If they have placed a higher value on the item then I have, they buy it and I don't, and I don't lose any sleep over it.
Mike Sal

tim333
04-25-2018, 02:09 PM
When you place a bid, if someone has already has an automatic bid in place higher than yours, Ebay will tell you a higher bid is needed. You will have to keep bidding til you get over someone’s automatic maximum. By bidding early,it gives others more time to outbid you. You can bid $20 with a hidden max of $30, but again if you really want something at YOUR price you need to wait til the last possible moment.

tim333
04-25-2018, 02:19 PM
I lost something a few weeks ago because I bid too early. I waited until two minutes of the end but still bid too soon. The item was sitting at $149 for two weeks, I was prepared to pay $200. The other guys max bid was $175. When I went to $180, he went higher. We went back and forth til he went to $225 so I dropped out. Had I waited until 15 seconds, I would have won at $176. So again, you bid early, even tho your max is “hidden”, you can easlly be outbid.

PackardV8
04-25-2018, 03:02 PM
Had I waited until 15 seconds, I would have won at $176.Only true if none of the competition are using the same sniping program or an even more efficient one.

Multi-server, fault-tolerant sniping service, unmatched by any other sniping service or sniping software. Your snipes are sent twice, from two different hosting locations.
Contingency group bidding - first failed bid cancels all the others in a group.
New! Multi-win group bidding - define how many items you want to win in a group.
Wider choice of snipe time choices (3,6,8,10,12 and 15 seconds).
Auction end times refreshed hourly, as opposed to daily.
100% reliable (*). No other sniping service provides this.

jack vines

tim333
04-25-2018, 03:08 PM
An automatic program won’t work, it’s the timing.

Chris Pile
04-25-2018, 03:10 PM
I used to play that silly bidding game on SqueeBay... Waiting breathlessly to the last second to bid. NO MORE. I bid what I'll pay, and if someone else wins.... GUESS WHAT? There will be another one on there next week for less money! Patience in bidding and searching thoroughly wins me what I want for the price I want. Sometimes I even get it for less!

In fact, I've done so well online (not just on that outfit from San Jose), I now have a number of clients who pay me to buy (and sell) for them. I always get it for less than they were willing to pay, and sell it for more than they were asking. And I keep a small but tidy profit.