PDA

View Full Version : 1931 & 1932 Dictator Model 61 & 62 Production Start and End Dates

Jerry Johnson
04-23-2018, 03:59 PM
I am preparing detailed information about Studebaker Dictator's manufacture from 1927 to 1937. I have Fox and Cannon's book "Studebaker the Complete Story" and Crestlines "Studebaker Cars" by James H. Moloney. Neither book gives a Start Date (Month) or End Data (Month) for these models. If anyone has any information that can help me, please post it here. I also am wondering if there was any actual production performed while Studebaker was in receivership starting March 18th, 1933?

Regards,
Gerald Johnson
Webmaster www.rrvcsdc.org (Rock River Valley Chapter SDC)

Studebaker Wheel
04-24-2018, 01:13 AM
I am preparing detailed information about Studebaker Dictator's manufacture from 1927 to 1937. I have Fox and Cannon's book "Studebaker the Complete Story" and Crestlines "Studebaker Cars" by James H. Moloney. Neither book gives a Start Date (Month) or End Data (Month) for these models. If anyone has any information that can help me, please post it here. I also am wondering if there was any actual production performed while Studebaker was in receivership starting March 18th, 1933?

Regards,
Gerald Johnson
Webmaster www.rrvcsdc.org (http://www.rrvcsdc.org) (Rock River Valley Chapter SDC)

I have all of that data. In fact just two weeks ago I completed an article covering all the 1927-37 Dictators. It runs about 6000 words and 12 pages with a few dozen photos. Still had to do a lot of cutting to fit their space limitations. Scheduled for August issue of Collectible Automobile (out in mid June sometime). Yes production continued throughout the period Studebaker was in receivership. I have month by month production figures for all models from 1902 thru 1964. What is your particular interest?

Jerry Johnson
04-24-2018, 09:18 AM
Dick
I am looking forward to your article. I am very much interested in the total production for each Dictator model if you are willing to share that with me. I am also interested in the starting and ending dates of production for each model. Cannon provided the start/stop dates up through 1930, then nothing, making me wonder if Studebaker began to adhere to model year's starting in 1931? If it's easier, you can email me at jrj9871@aol.com